Thread: customer service rant

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

customer service rant

I find it increasingly frustrating dealing with people that are rude or have attitudes. I am not referring to patients or customers either. Dealing with that is just apart of any business. I cannot stand it when I go to a place of business and the person who helps me gives me the impression they do not really give a hoot about me or the company. I see and deal with this everywhere. I hate dealing with condescending receptionist. I seem to find them in almost every doctor's office. I am sorry you do not like your job or have to answer the same questions all the time but that is your job I have had training from people that would role their eyes or give other indicators that they were tired of answering my questions or teaching me things. I do ask a lot of questions and that gets on peoples nerves but I know a lot of things because I ask a lot of questions and yes some of them are stupid. Don't you want your coworkers to succeed ? Doesn't it make your job easier when your coworkers know more?

I fail to understand why people in the professional world can have attitudes that wouldn't fly at McDonalds. I refuse to do business with companies that hire people that are like that. I find the more I strive to provide better customer service the more I expect from others. If you don't treat your customers as good as I treat mine you just lost me.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    heh...funny you bring that up. I was at a Home Depot store last weekend and as I approached the checkout counter, the cashier was busy texting on her cell phone. When I cleared my throat to get her attention, I got 'The Glare' and some very definite 'attitude'. So, after I paid, I put my purchase in the car, then walked back in and had a few words with the manager...I have no idea what happened after that, but at least I felt better about it.

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    While there are exceptions to the rule you generally reap as ye sow. If you are having trouble in your dealings with others you might want to examine your own attitude and behavior.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    While there are exceptions to the rule you generally reap as ye sow. If you are having trouble in your dealings with others you might want to examine your own attitude and behavior.
    I agree 100%.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sorry was going to add more to that post but was dragged away by my daughter. In the past I have always asked coworkers or a manager if I had said or done anything to make someone upset. In dealing with people outside of work such as cashiers or receptionist I know their jobs can be hard so I am always try to be polite. Their is no excuse for rudeness.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It is very frustrating at times. What it boils down to is that there are many people in the customer service industry who have no business being there. (And it also attests to the great training of McDonald's)

Thread Information