Thread: Oakley discount

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Oakley discount

Is there a discount on Oakley?
    Don't have an account yet, and would not be appealing if there is no discount on their suns, knowing their mark up...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No discount. In fact, their shipping charges act to further erode your keystone margin
    B

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well, its interesting you bring this up, as I just sold an Oakley. No, we do not get a discount. Shipping charges are a major pain. Note that they have announced their prices are going up June 1st.
    Now, add this with their abysmal customer service and one has to ask, why do we sell these damn things?
    I notes a couple months ago that we had not seen our Oakley rep in over a year. Well, he finally came in last February. After we swapped out the discontinued frames..a pet peeve I have with Oakley and their rate of discontinuing their ophthalmic frames, he PROMISED he would be back EVERY FOUR WEEKS.....that was middle February!
    "Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde"

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My precursor had Oakley put in this office. Ophthalmology practice of all things he thought he would do something with Oakley. But hey...........guess he had a vision of sorts. Never sold the first pair to a senior .
    Sold maybe 2 pair a year to younger people that would just happen to stumble on us. finally the rep came and took them out of here. Oakley is a old name and has been around a long time pandering to the youthful ones. Guess thats why they do so well with their military contract.
    And discounts..........Ha. Never the first one.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We decided to go with Nike rather than oakley. We have been doing really well with them and the ShowX2 is my favorite pair of sunglasses ever.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I found that there are 2 types of customers that want Oakley in our store!
    1. Wearing them for last 10 years, happy, does not want even see something else even if its covered by his insurance. Goes elsewhere, buys frame, comes back to RX it under his coverage.
    2. Teens. Saw them for $5, see people wearing, will spend $70-$80 to have them...

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We sell quite a bit of Oakley Ophthalmics. Suns sell very well in season. The Flak Jacket, Radar and Five's squared sell well. Our Oakley bills were $35K last year. You do the math.

B

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Santini View Post
    We sell quite a bit of Oakley Ophthalmics. Suns sell very well in season. The Flak Jacket, Radar and Five's squared sell well. Our Oakley bills were $35K last year. You do the math.

B
    Oh, don't get me wrong, we do VERY WELL with Oakley Ophthalmics. I use to do very well with Maui Jim. I, in fact, wear Maui Jims as my personal sunglasses. BUT, it got to the point where DEALING with Maui Jim was not worth the hassle. Oakley is rolling right into Maui Jim territory!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have had nothing but headaches dealing with Oakley. Rep doesn't come in more than once a year and treats us like crap. Everytime I had to order something I'd find out it is no longer available. HORRIBLE! I'd drop them, but my OD wants them here. They don't sell great here. We sell maybe a handful in months. I'd rather have Nike anyday.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post
    I have had nothing but headaches dealing with Oakley. Rep doesn't come in more than once a year and treats us like crap. Everytime I had to order something I'd find out it is no longer available. HORRIBLE! I'd drop them, but my OD wants them here. They don't sell great here. We sell maybe a handful in months. I'd rather have Nike anyday.
    Welcome to my world........

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    no discount. In fact, you HAVE to price the sunglasses the way Oakley determines, which is good and bad. The frames are the same price on-line and everywhere. What I have a problem with now is my Ray Ban suns...seems a lot of the patients WANT me to have them but sniff at the price. Hard to compete with eBay daily deals and LOTS of other on line sellers selling them fro a hair above my cost.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I find that Maui Jim is a breeze to work with and sell. There's just not as great a margin as some other equally impressive jobs we can do. Don't want Oakley. Only buy them from you guys (thanks) when in a pinch.

Thread Information