Thread: anyone have parts for a LE-9000SX edger?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

anyone have parts for a LE-9000SX edger?

hello again my fellow optiboarders,
    so for starters i do not know all the techinical names of the part i am about to describe, but i will add a photo to illustrate. the "lens caliper" doohicky on our edger was damaged. this is the part of the edger that, once you start the job this caliper looking thing pops down and checks the lens thickness, and it also checks to make sure that the trace will fit onto the lens you have chucked. on this part there are 2 little black rubber "nipples" the one on the left is quite short in contrast to the one on the right side of the caliper like device. anyway the left "nipple" was damaged, and this part is now feeding incorrect data to the edger, as a result it will not safety bevel the lens, and the thickness that the edger thinks it is working with is incorrect. i contacted santi and they said that the edger we have is so old school that they dont make that replacement "nipple" anymore, and we have to upgrade the entire "caliper doohicky". this turned what should be a $2 repair into a $300 repair..... i have scoured my manuals, and other less reputable sources for the schematics of this part. if all else fails i will fabricate something on my own rather than spend that kind of money on a 25 cent piece of plastic.

ANYWAY lol, if anyone has a bucket o' parts for this old edger, or knows someone who does, or knows of a magical place where edgers go to die i could really use a new "nipple" (ok i got the word nipple in this post several times, its out of my system now) or if anyone is currently using the "out dated" style of lens caliper doohicky as we have on our LE-9000 and could possible make a mold or gather measurements for me to fabricate a new one, that would be most excellent!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20130508_134646.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	9850

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    That is the feeler arm assembly from the original 9000 'A' style machine. The 'B' machine came out a short time later with upgraded tracer and upgraded feeler arm assembly for the LMU. The feeler tips on the new assembly are smaller and round, and can also be flipped if one breaks or cracks. I have not seen the older style like you have for a long time... Maybe someone has one out there, but I would suggest getting the newer feeler arm assembly, its worth the money in the long wrong.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    P.S. Santinelli will walk you through putting the new assembly on. You can't just throw it on there. The height adjustment is critical. With the linkage released, and the feeler arm in the down position, the new one will need to be about the height of a dime off the chucking shaft.
    Then, it will need to be calibrated with the comp jig. You will need some plano blanks to check bevel position and adjust accordingly.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    yea i know they will walk me through the instal and subsequent calibration i had them do it before we determined that the feeler tip was broken before i ever set foot here. i would just buy the re designed part, but alas i am not the owner. i find solutions/repairs/fixes, present them to the owner/boss man and its up to him to decide. this time we are going to scour the dregs of the internet for the new feeler tips rather than drop the 275 needed for the upgraded replacement part. im just trying to find what i can to get my 4th hand equipment operational with LITTLE OR NO spending..... if all else fails we will upgrade it, but we will look for a week or 2 before we commit to spending any $

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    There's a seller on eBay selling a 9000sx main motor, Try emailing him.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=58092472094

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Oooh thanks for the ebay tip, i have contacted the seller and am keeping my fingers crossed in anticipation! i may get lucky!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    well no luck from the guy who was selling motors on ebay :( anyone else have a lead on new feeler tips, or a feeler assembly?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Dont we have a resident Santinelli rebuilder on the board!?!?!?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    theFinishingLab

I am not affiliated :)

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Problem with chuck receptor on Toro X2SL

Hello Great optiboarders,
    I am relying on your expertise. I have issue with a Toro X2sl. The lens chuck is not chucking. It gives off air at the chuck reception.
    Could this be the reason why it is not chucking?
    How can i dismantle it for replacement if it is the source of problem .
    Thanking you in advance.

Thread Information