Thread: AO B`active

Bad address email on file

AO B`active

How many of you are using the B`active progressive? How do you find it compares with the comfort/panamic?

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Thumbs down

I guess they are not selling well in the UK as we shipped a load back to the suppilers as we had not managed to move many at all . At least we managed to get them replaced with something we could move off the shelves.
    To be honest i have not seen much in the way of advertising of this prouduct in the UK as far as the general public is concerned.

Master OptiBoarder Joann Raytar's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Not too long ago our trade magazines advertised for the B'Active quite a bit. I haven't fit any and I don't know anyone else who has. I believe Panamic rolled out around the same time frame; I believe most folks just naturally started to fit the new Panamic because of Comfort's popularity and reputation.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

It's a specialty lens ..

like the RD and others, it has a specific purpose and place to be used. All of my b'Active's have stayed out.

One of the major problems is that eyewear dispensers generally see one patient and also see one pair of eyewear. The specialty lenses need to be presented first without mentioning that is will be an additional pair of eyewear. These are task/use specific lenses, like chaning your shoes before you rockclimbing or cycling.

It's our falt they don't move and that the consumer does not have all of the best choices made available to them.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No problems with the B'Active lenses. Matter of fact, had more happy people with the polarized version due to it's wider peripheral vision. Lots of hunters and fishing people here in KC.

Bob V.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Ditto Bob!

I also find the b'Active an advantage for individuals wishing to switch from Seamless bifocals.

Thread Information