Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Massachusetts Health Care Connector (Exchange)...

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    Wellll.....I'd like to reach as many eyes as possible to allay some of the concerns over the laws implementation.
    It seems that as we move into full implementation that our fears are increasing whether we be providers or benificiaries. A turd is still a turd whether your political slant be Republican, Democrat, Independent or Mosaic.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Now, can we close this thread? It's serving no purpose.

MasterCrafter OptiBoarder MasterCrafter's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    There needs to be a Politics Sub-Forum on this site with a warning to those who get offended - enter at your own risk. There seems to be alot of political talk on here and an equal amount of people that get upset about it. If a thread gets to political y'all can move it to the politics forum where the rowdy crowd can continue thier retoric

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Canty View Post
    Now, can we close this thread? It's serving no purpose.
    I'd rather Optiboarders of like mind just ignore it.

(Judy- Let me know if you got my pm.)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I'd rather Optiboarders of like mind just ignore it.

(Judy- Let me know if you got my pm.)
    PM received.
    I do wish that we could keep the politics out of this discussion, but some among us just can't control themselves. The Massachusetts plan was the model for the Affordable Care Act and the more we can learn, the better off we'll all be. So, perhaps I'll ask that unless you have something to add to the knowledge base here, keep it to yourself. We don't need input from right- or left-wing blogs or second-hand "facts". They add nothing and diminish the quality of the discussion.

MasterCrafter OptiBoarder MasterCrafter's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy Canty View Post
    PM received.
    I do wish that we could keep the politics out of this discussion, but some among us just can't control themselves. The Massachusetts plan was the model for the Affordable Care Act and the more we can learn, the better off we'll all be. So, perhaps I'll ask that unless you have something to add to the knowledge base here, keep it to yourself. We don't need input from right- or left-wing blogs or second-hand "facts". They add nothing and diminish the quality of the discussion.
    Trying to keep politics out of an Obamacare conversation is going to be quite impossible. Obamacare itself is political and a far left ideology that was forced on the American people. Not one Republican voted for it. Half the country is Republicans. How is that fair? Obamacare is a leftists dream. All the people who want to keep the politics out of the debate are in fact supporters of it. They want to brush the argument aside like the debate is OVER.

“Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ” as quoted by John Belushi

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Actually, it wasn't presented as an "Obamacare" discussion. It was an attempt to shed some light on the state level program, signed into law by a Republican governor, that became the model for the Affordable Care Act. The usual suspects hijacked it to serve their own adgenda. Perhaps those of us who are looking for information should use the Private Message function instead of an open forum.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The "open enrollment" is active again. You can enter your ifo and see what we in Massachusetts have set up and will probably be similar to what's going to happen in your state. You can use a zip code of 01890.

I'd be curious to have you leave a post as to what you've found.

Again---Be nice!!!

https://www.mahealthconnector.org/po...b5f57c6398041/

Looks like a young healthy individual earning $35K with very high deductibles start at $171 monthly.
    Notice if you earn less than $35K you're eligible for subsidies.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 07-17-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: zip...

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician

Objection! OptiBoard Gold Supporter shanbaum's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterCrafter View Post
    Trying to keep politics out of an Obamacare conversation is going to be quite impossible. Obamacare itself is political and a far left ideology that was forced on the American people. Not one Republican voted for it. Half the country is Republicans. How is that fair? Obamacare is a leftists dream. All the people who want to keep the politics out of the debate are in fact supporters of it. They want to brush the argument aside like the debate is OVER.

“Over? Did you say 'over'? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! ” as quoted by John Belushi
    In fact, "Obamacare" is largely identical to the Heritage Foundation's proposal from the mid-90's (the conservative answer to the Clinton plan), which was an elaboration of a plan suggested by that flaming left-winger, Richard Nixon.

The actual flaming left-wing plan would have been a single-payer plan, the possibility of which was thwarted by flaming liberals like Joe Lieberman.
    Last edited by shanbaum; 07-18-2013 at 09:40 AM.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    The House of Reps just voted again (is this 235 times or 4,236 times?) to repeal the ACA. What a waste of energy.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think 2008 was when it first started, I made about 30k and it cost myself about 78/mo for a reasonable plan with a low deductible. Moved to IL in 2010 and it became about $110 for something reasonable. On the left coast I'm looking at about $280 for equivalent coverage.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We're looking forward too it, several investments have been made to the medical portion of our office to really take advantage of the newly insured. Oregon has several CCOs under the medicaid system which makes things rather confusing and tedious for optometry. The primary one in our region contracts out to VSP for routine care and will not allow an office to bill out-of-network as we would be able to for Medicare Advantage plans. The recent 9th circuit court ruling out of CA may play into this in that Medicaid can not treat doctors any differently than Medicare does allowing us to start running those out of network. That and a well worded letter to the local CCO's Board of Directors may help our case.

Thread Information