Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Advantica Insursance company makes members glasses in China and ships to U.S.

  1. #1
    Rising Star
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Coral Springs, Fl. USA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    165

    Advantica Insursance company makes members glasses in China and ships to U.S.

    Advantica makes the glasses for their members. I now get shipments via FedEx from China. What's next?

  2. #2
    Master OptiBoarder LENNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    BROOKLYNSK, NY USA
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    4,327
    Good luck in talking to the lab!

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    St. Cloud, Minnesota
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Posts
    3,090
    Actually, call the FDA to see if the supplying lab is on the import list and if their imports are being tested for compliance.

  4. #4
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Naples FL for the Winter months
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    23,240

    Redhot Jumper I now get shipments via FedEx from China.....................................

    Quote Originally Posted by eyedude View Post

    Advantica makes the glasses for their members. I now get shipments via FedEx from China. What's next?

    ..............90% of all your frames are made in China and over 90 % of the lenses used are also made in China or next to it. Do you really believe that they can not assemble Rx glasses in their with the latest equipment installed labs ???



    EMS started to deliver small parcels to this continent from China for a few Dollars and all the others like Fedex/UPS and DHL have now jumped on the band wagon and deliver at a fraction of what they charge the other way.
    Chris Ryser
    ________________________________________
    DLO. NA.IC.I.T.PO

    http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

  5. #5
    Just An Optician jediron1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA, New York
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    1,727
    Quote Originally Posted by eyedude View Post
    Advantica makes the glasses for their members. I now get shipments via FedEx from China. What's next?


    Sears optical started doing that two years ago!

  6. #6
    OptiBoard Professional
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    165
    I deal with advantica(unfortunate) and the lab that they have is here in florida.

  7. #7
    Bad address email on file
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Narnia
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by jediron1 View Post
    Sears optical started doing that two years ago!
    I was working for them when they started doing some jobs in Asia (although the labs I thought were in Thailand, not China) and the sad part is that the quality was ten times better than anything that ever came out of a Luxottica central lab.

  8. #8
    Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    in Naples FL for the Winter months
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    23,240

    Redhot Jumper

    Quote Originally Posted by tdj View Post

    I was working for them when they started doing some jobs in Asia (although the labs I thought were in Thailand, not China) and the sad part is that the quality was ten times better than anything that ever came out of a Luxottica central lab.

    Start looking at some videos on China, they have a better infrastructure than the USA and Canada, better trains and roads. Their optical labs have the latest equipment made in Europe and the USA and the leading technicians have been trained in the USA and Europe for the last many years.

    Please start waking up..................your big and loved corporations have brainwashed you into selling the most expensive item, as the most expensive progressives and AR coatings and now compete with you with the cheapest versions that also do the trick or are the exact same ones.

    Governments and politicians are happy that one highly priced consumer good is now becoming a much less priced item on the market and will close an eye on the situation. Do do not believe that they will be your saviors.
    Chris Ryser
    ________________________________________
    DLO. NA.IC.I.T.PO

    http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

  9. #9
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Posts
    443
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Start looking at some videos on China, they have a better infrastructure than the USA and Canada, better trains and roads. Their optical labs have the latest equipment made in Europe and the USA and the leading technicians have been trained in the USA and Europe for the last many years.

    Please start waking up..................your big and loved corporations have brainwashed you into selling the most expensive item, as the most expensive progressives and AR coatings and now compete with you with the cheapest versions that also do the trick or are the exact same ones.

    Governments and politicians are happy that one highly priced consumer good is now becoming a much less priced item on the market and will close an eye on the situation. Do do not believe that they will be your saviors.
    +1

    It's very "trendy" to bring up the Gucci-purse toting soccer mom in the brand-new Hummer who "can't afford" a pair of progressives... But this logic belongs in the same world as the "Welfare Queen"... Out there, but not indicative of the whole. Consider the college student living on work-study income, scholarships, financial aid, etc., no longer on/not on his/her parents' insurance... Can he or she afford a $XXX frame with $XX lenses and a $XXX AR coating?

    Thinking that all of our patients are financially well-off misers is burying our heads in the sand. Most of our patients drifting to online are going there because it allows them to stretch their budget further, and because they see that they can get a comparable product for a significantly lower price. For all of the complaints about online eyewear, there's an important question not being asked: If I were in my patient's shoes, could I afford my products?

  10. #10
    OptiBoardaholic
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    America
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Posts
    270
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAurelius View Post
    Actually, call the FDA to see if the supplying lab is on the import list and if their imports are being tested for compliance.
    Eventually customs is going to inspect one of these shipments and bring in the fda to check for registration, drop ball testing, etc.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Designer Glasses Made in China ?
    By sh4k3 in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 07-08-2016, 01:02 AM
  2. Glasses Forwarding Job for Online Company
    By globaloptics in forum The Job Board
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-18-2012, 01:35 PM
  3. United Healthcare Makes Patients order glasses online
    By LENNY in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-06-2011, 12:07 PM
  4. What Company Makes or Who Make Zombie White lenses
    By gogetter in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-06-2010, 10:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment