Thread: Unknown progressive/office design?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Unknown progressive/office design?

We've had an unusual (to our office) lens come in this week, and we're looking to match the lens for pt if possible. We're only replacing the OD after cat sx, and are having difficulty identifying the remaining OS lens manufacture. The engravings are made up of tiny dots (if that helps), and are inverted to be read from the back of the lens, instead of the front. Pt has a very narrow PD at 28, and his frame is huge - the frame PD is 39.5. We're running into cut out issues with any lenses we can think of, and my first thought was that this was either a computer/office style, or an in house specialty for this or that lab perhaps.

Can and of the wizened here provide insight into what this might be? (I've inserted the markings as close as we can make them out in their orientation on the lens)

Attachment 9620

Thanks!

B~

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Wondering as well, if this might be a Lux/Lenscrafters house special, as the frame is Rayban - (3212 started it's life as a sun...hence the ridiculous sizing and idiotic decentration.) It's a long shot, but sometimes pieces like this add up. Any guesses at all?

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    My best guess is an IOT lens the circles made out of dots is consistent with their 180 markings applied with a laser. The letters can be anything the lab wants so good luck finding out who specifically made them, either way any lab doing IOT lenses can replace that one lens you'll just have mismatched markings.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Do they burn their markings to read from the back surface? My initial thought was perhaps Zeiss, as I've had some of their laser dotted marks come across my desk over the past several years as well, but the circles don't fit anything I can find right now. I'll look into the IOT possibility. Any other guesses in the mean time?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Have you tried asking the patient where they were made? I will call and ask for professional help with a "mutual patient". Always works.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaU2020 View Post
    Have you tried asking the patient where they were made? I will call and ask for professional help with a "mutual patient". Always works.
    I'm coming into this job as it's progresses, so haven't had any direct communication with this pt. However, in talking to the optician who processed the original order, it sounds as though this individual isn't very forthcoming with information at all. We're trying to see if we can squeeze anymore info - but at this point, either the pt doesn't remember, or won't divulge the info. Yeah...one of those.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Uilleann View Post
    Do they burn their markings to read from the back surface? My initial thought was perhaps Zeiss, as I've had some of their laser dotted marks come across my desk over the past several years as well, but the circles don't fit anything I can find right now. I'll look into the IOT possibility. Any other guesses in the mean time?
    I thought they lasered onto the front but I have seen the occasional back side markings, no real standardized way of doing it that I am aware of.

Thread Information