Thread: optician/psychic

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

optician/psychic

How long do I have to work in optical before I magically know what insurance people have? Is it aura reading? What is the thing when you just "run insurance to see what someone has". What websites is it where I can just put in patients name and get all the insurance info? Never mind dates of birth or id numbers or privacy for that matter.I must be missing something because every other optical place people go they just get looked them up in computers and the information is just there.

I have already accepted that people will not know anything about their insurance but in order for me to file anything I have to know what insurance you have. I also need a certain amount of information in order to find your insurance plan. Telling me you have Aetna or where you work is not enough information or at least not enough. I cannot be the only one that runs into this. Fortunately we only take medicaid and VSP. I say no a lot.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They don't know/care what they're insurance is. All they know is that the optician has ESP.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That sounds like the chorus line from a song.....are you guys composing? What's the group name? I know............Johns Jammers! or The Marvelous Multifocals! Three Dog UV Light?
    Eyes wide open

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by uncut View Post
    That sounds like the chorus line from a song.....are you guys composing? What's the group name? I know............Johns Jammers! or The Marvelous Multifocals! Three Dog UV Light?
    It's already been done. Don't you remember the Jackson Five's early hit...

"V-S-P...it's easy as 1-2-3
    My vision plan?
    Please... don't ask me."
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter SharonB's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We've all been through this, and it keeps getting worse. I work "fill in" at some offices that have varying computer capabilities. When someone comes in and says "I get my glasses for free with my insurance" I just cringe. That means I will spend a lot of time researching the plans until I get a hit. Then - there are the patients who will NOT give up any personal info (Ex: ' you could steal my identity with my SS#). Or..."why don't you know my plan? Your office is on the list of providers." OK - so WHAT is your insurance?" "I dunno...aren't YOU supposed to know?"
    Don't get me started....I do this stuff with a smile and a positive attitude....but at the end of the day I am fried. I am an optician....not an insurance expert. "Nuff said.
    Lost and confused in an optical wonderland!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My fave....What insurance do you take? Shall I start at the beginning of the alphabet? I have taken to asking people where they work....lol...scary I know but I actually know a lot of them by where they work. I used to work HR and it amazes me that they don't get this info out there to their people.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Karnack says..............
    I came, I saw, I left

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    You can easily find patient's vision insurance and plan information from single website. See this post http://www.optiboard.com/forums/show...m-subscription

Thread Information