Thread: 1.67 Vantage Transitions is on the way!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

1.67 Vantage Transitions is on the way!

We use alot of this in trivex and look forward to a thinner option. It is aleady the most expensive lens we offer.

Transitions Optical, Inc. Announces Availability of 1.67 Transitions® Vantage Lenses

NEW YORK, March 16, 2013 Beginning on April 30, Transitions® Vantage lenses will be available in 1.67 high index material, enabling eyecare professionals to recommend the benefits of variable polarization to an expanded pool of patients.

The availability in 1.67 will allow us to offer Transitions Vantage lenses to patients with stronger prescriptions, or consumers who just like the light weight and thin profile of higher index lenses,” said Catherine Rauscher, Director of Sales – Lens Manufacturer Channel, North America. “This fits with our strategy to offer the most advanced photochromic technology in the widest selection of lens designs and materials, which in turn helps eyecare professionals feel more confident in their recommendations.

Since TransitionsVantage lenses appeal to patients who are interested in the latest technology – and to patients who are active outdoors – we think that this combination will be really attractive.”

Transitions Vantage lenses were added to the Transitions® family of everyday lens products early last year. Transitions Vantage lenses adjust to match the level of outdoor glare, which can vary as the day progresses and conditions change, enabling them to address the needs of patients who want crisper, sharper vision outdoors, even in the brightest glare. Variable polarization is a technological breakthrough – providing consumers with a lens choice that goes from virtually clear indoors to polarized outdoors for the first time.

In reports released earlier this year, Transitions Vantage lens sales had increased since the product’s launch, and they remain at the highest level they’ve been.

Information on Transitions Vantage lenses and the entire Transitions family of products is available at Transitions.com.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    About damn time.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. They have been telling me "In just a couple of month it will be available..." for a year now. I hate to sound so cynical but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
    "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened beings; only enlightened activity." -Shunryu Suzuki

Bad address email on file rcroutch's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by NCspecs View Post
    Yeah, I'll believe it when I see it. They have been telling me "In just a couple of month it will be available..." for a year now. I hate to sound so cynical but I'm not gonna hold my breath.
    +1

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Did this ever happen?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't think it is here. I have just given up on 1.6 trivex (tribrid) when told it is still not here. I processed blanks 3-4 years ago and they where great! I cannot find out the real answer as they are distributed by X-Cel but they have no answers either.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Last I heard, they were shooting for 2015.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Thanks for the replies. I have a client who wants transitions vantage but is a plus 8. Any frame big enough to make the lens useful will probably come out incredibly thick, unfortunately.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Yikes. Even in 1.67 that patient needs a small, small frame. Manage those expectations!
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    Yikes. Even in 1.67 that patient needs a small, small frame. Manage those expectations!
    And an aspheric lens design to boot! Those are gonna be some dark lenses!

Thread Information