Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: New Designs coming in 2013 from IOT!!

  1. #1
    OptiBoard Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, Florida
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    160

    New Designs coming in 2013 from IOT!!

    Today I write you all from the global nerve center in Madrid Spain. This week I am here learning about all the new technology that has gone into the latest designs IOT has developed and let me tell you, it is some fascinating stuff, be looking for this technology to be available in the coming months if you are an IOT partner ask me with your questions, and if you are interested in becoming an IOT partner do the same...2013 is going to be an amazing year for those folks who chose to take advantage of the designs IOT is offering!

    Kurt
    336.529.9284
    kgardner@iotamerica.com

  2. #2
    Bad address email on file
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    2,175
    Quote Originally Posted by hyperoptic View Post
    Today I write you all from the global nerve center in Madrid Spain. This week I am here learning about all the new technology that has gone into the latest designs IOT has developed and let me tell you, it is some fascinating stuff, be looking for this technology to be available in the coming months if you are an IOT partner ask me with your questions, and if you are interested in becoming an IOT partner do the same...2013 is going to be an amazing year for those folks who chose to take advantage of the designs IOT is offering!

    Kurt
    336.529.9284
    kgardner@iotamerica.com
    Can I pick a lens that will emphasis distance, mid or near? I want a lens designed for sports at 16 high, not 18. I was just told about the versions of the office product and want the same in regular pals.

    What about thinning the edges of the lenses and offering an aspheric progressive?

    I now use 100% IOT lenses for over the past year with great success.

    Craig

  3. #3
    OptiBoard Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, Florida
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    160
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Can I pick a lens that will emphasis distance, mid or near? I want a lens designed for sports at 16 high, not 18. I was just told about the versions of the office product and want the same in regular pals.

    What about thinning the edges of the lenses and offering an aspheric progressive?

    I now use 100% IOT lenses for over the past year with great success.

    Craig
    Thats the plan yes, but we need to get everything rolled out. Ill keep this thread up to date as we progress!

  4. #4
    OptiBoardaholic other_bill_fea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Morton, PA
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Posts
    247
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post

    What about thinning the edges of the lenses and offering an aspheric progressive?

    Craig
    We already produce the lenticular IOT progressives and SV products. It's helped me get my Rx (-12 os and -14 od) into a 6 base poly, and is especially helpful for wrap sport and safety frames.
    FEA Industries
    Independent Wholesale Optical Lab
    www.feaind.com
    www.optmagazine.com
    Morton, PA

  5. #5
    OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    296
    I thought you could lenticulate pretty much any progressive and aren't all progressives by nature aspheric?

    Anyway, Hyperoptic can I get some marketing material and/or catalog for IOT products? I'll send you a PM

  6. #6
    Master OptiBoarder
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Down in a hole!
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    13,045
    I hope that hyperoptic checks in!

    It it has been since last April that he has logged on?

  7. #7
    OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    I hope that hyperoptic checks in!

    It it has been since last April that he has logged on?
    Oh man that sucks. I guess I can stop holding my breath for his response

  8. #8
    OptiBoard Professional
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale, Florida
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    160
    Im here guys, Im like the shadow, just because I don't log in, it doesn't mean I don't read the board...Erich, The updates were coming fast and Ive been keeping busy working to help our independent lab customers develop their expertise in this great technology, If your coming to the Vision Expo come by the Younger/IOT booth to hear about things like Camber, the Ultimate series, and some other surprises you'll have to show up to hear about.

  9. #9
    OptiBoardaholic other_bill_fea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Morton, PA
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Posts
    247
    IOT is also, as far as I am aware, the only major lens designer that you can get in glass.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Seco 2013
    By Judy Canty in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-04-2013, 06:02 PM
  2. simply the best lenses 2013
    By client in forum Just Conversation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 10:00 AM
  3. SECO 2013 Who's going?
    By opty4062 in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-10-2013, 09:40 AM
  4. Seco 2013
    By c@leb77 in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2012, 12:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment