Thread: Websware?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Websware?

Was wondering if any of you currently use Websware Sapient program for your POS system.
    What are your thoughts on the program as a whole? Like, Dislike?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm considering sapient for windows but still looking at the demo for it. Do you use it and if so how's is it?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Honestly we don't use all of it. We don't use the scheduling portion for example. However, what we do use is hard to navigate and not very user friendly. Then again, if it was being used correctly and fully I might have a different opinion. That's why I was wanting to know if others were using it. What do you think of demo?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm used to an old dos (I guess that's how you spell it) program called TORIS so I am used to the layout and look of sapient. I'll have to play around with it a bit more to see how commission features look, reports, etc. How long have you been using it? I'll get back to you with more detail on like or not.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal-Opt2 View Post
    I'm used to an old dos (I guess that's how you spell it) program called TORIS so I am used to the layout and look of sapient. I'll have to play around with it a bit more to see how commission features look, reports, etc. How long have you been using it? I'll get back to you with more detail on like or not.
    Personally, since last March. It's been in this office since the late 90's. I'm a mouse click, ease of operation flow kind of person so personally I don't like it. I think it not user friendly & our clinical students don't have a real good grasp of its flow til the end of the semester. Looking forward to your opinion. You are the only other person I can find that has used it.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    it's ok, but just having to get used to it like any new program. Only downside is I would only be using 1/10th of the program but still paying for all of it. Dr. Bryan Weber ( I think I got his name right) designed it and is who i was talking with very nice guy he told me they didn't have anyone using the program in North or South Carolina, I guess it's a northern kinda program ;-P

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Brian was in my class. He's a good guy.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I was looking at it more today and I don't like that it is + cyl because we work/grind in - cyl, also I can't figure out the commission reports yet. At this point I'm looking into having someone write a program just for me because "off the shelf" isn't working for me. Everything includes medical records, dr exam info and I just don't need all that. If I'm going to spend thousands I might as well have it personalized for me. Any body know of a good programmer?

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal-Opt2 View Post
    I was looking at it more today and I don't like that it is + cyl because we work/grind in - cyl, also I can't figure out the commission reports yet. At this point I'm looking into having someone write a program just for me because "off the shelf" isn't working for me. Everything includes medical records, dr exam info and I just don't need all that. If I'm going to spend thousands I might as well have it personalized for me. Any body know of a good programmer?
    Try TENS of thousands of dollars. You get what you pay for. Good programmers don't come cheap. Cheap programmers don't write good code.

Thread Information