Thread: Deodorizer for edger

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Deodorizer for edger

Does any one have a Deodorizer for there edger and how well do they work . We have a Santinelli edgers and I am looking to see if there are other ones out there that are cheaper other than the one that they sell .
    I did get something from one place before vision west but I can not find it it was around $700 for there unit . Can you let me no what you are using . Thanks

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    You may get cheaper than Santinelli, but I don't know about better or even as good.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Your local hardware store probably has a product for front loading washing machines. It kills the bacteria that grows in the gasket areas that aren't normally accessable. I'd get a bottle of that and run it through your edger with clean warm water. Might take several applications. Then, use a cap full of bleach in your coolant water.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Is this for the water or the smell of the lenses? We ran a hose from the edger to the exhaust fan in the lab and blocked the rest of the grill with cardboard to create the suction necessary. You can stand over the machine with 1.74 cutting and there is no smell, we used to leave the lab and let the fan run for a few minutes. We also have a much cleaner lab area now that all the dust is going out and not on my floor.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Is this for the water or the smell of the lenses? We ran a hose from the edger to the exhaust fan in the lab and blocked the rest of the grill with cardboard to create the suction necessary. You can stand over the machine with 1.74 cutting and there is no smell, we used to leave the lab and let the fan run for a few minutes. We also have a much cleaner lab area now that all the dust is going out and not on my floor.
    Thanks I just did this and it is working much better there is no smell .

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I know - old thread. Does any significant moisture (water, I guess) come out of this edger hose connection that was run up the wall? I would like to run this hose under my edger into my cabinets to hide an inline fan and then straight outside. I just don't want water in the fan since the hose would run down instead of up.

Also - do any of you know what size hose connects to the ME1200?

Thanks!
    -Steve

OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by snowmonster View Post
    I know - old thread. Does any significant moisture (water, I guess) come out of this edger hose connection that was run up the wall? I would like to run this hose under my edger into my cabinets to hide an inline fan and then straight outside. I just don't want water in the fan since the hose would run down instead of up.

Also - do any of you know what size hose connects to the ME1200?

Thanks!
    I'm not sure about the ME1200, but our LEX1200 has a 3/4" port on the back of the edger to attach a hose for their deodorizer. We ended up making a similar setup to what you are describing with a cheap inline fan but we needed to use bunch of adapters to step up from the 1" hose on the edger to the 4" opening of the inline fan, then we just ran it under a cabinet and straight outside.

It pulls a tiny bit of water but not enough to damage the fan, if you adjust your water pressure to minimize splashing it will be fine. I have accidentally sucked up a bunch of water trying to use it for something else and the fan still runs fine after 5 or so years.

Thread Information