Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Coastal Entry Level Price Increase Up 56%

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by idispense View Post
    If you won't share and want to take your ball and go home thats fine with me but why not try reading the data in that 2007 report ? Where do you think that data would be today ? Would the usage numbers be higher or lower ? Then if you would like to add in some relevant facts to support your position I'd be glad to hear your theory and solutions .
    The question you should be asking yourself is what did you do to **** off Hindsight so bad?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If someone doesn't want to share the data and just be vague that's fine but this is so far a four page conversation and the demographics referred to might be of interest to many others . It might further develop the conversation and understanding of these issues when backed by supportable stats.

If they say they have them but don't want to share that's ok by me.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    If someone doesn't want to share the data and just be vague that's fine but this is so far a four page conversation and the demographics referred to might be of interest to many others . It might further develop the conversation and understanding of these issues when backed by supportable stats.

If they say they have them but don't want to share that's ok by me.
    It's proprietary and part of my strategic growth plan, and I will only share with the right individuals when the time is right.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ah yes now I understand, its like that movie that was filmed at the Scotia theater , what was the name ??? Oh yeah, it was something like James Bond meets Victoria Secrets, that's the one that was filmed incamera, and James saves the world yet again from bad guys but its all hush hush, until he meets up with his boss and M whispers the secret password into his ear, then James knows for sure that she is the right one and its the right time to pass on the secret coded envelopes to M. The movie is really exciting and full of double agency stuff where no one knows who to trust and everyone is afraid to talk to anyone .

It's ok I understand now wink, wink , nudge, nudge http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jsw_r0hILQ
    Last edited by idispense; 02-27-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Here is the solution.................................start a petition................

Here is the solution.................................start a petition, world wide or in your corner by particiapting at:

welcome to Change.org!

By signing Bill Dever's petition "Petition to Stop Ethnic Cleansing in Quebec: Stop The Persecution of The English Language In Quebec" yesterday, you joined more than 15 million people using Change.org to make their world better. Here's how Change.org works:
    Anyone can start a petition. Change.org lets anyone, anywhere start a petition. It’s free and can be about anything you want to change. Start your petition now.

Together, we're powerful. The more of us that join together in support of a campaign, the better the chance of being heard. (You can share Bill Dever's petition now on Facebook, Twitter, or via email).

This works. With support from people like you, hundreds of campaigns are won every month. Click here to see some of the most inspiring victories.

Every so often you can expect to hear from Change.org about campaigns we think you'll be excited to join. If you’d prefer not to receive these emails, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link at the bottom of any message you receive

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Chris,

The ridiculous language patrol who are worried about the french word for PASTA and hiding the words "hold" or "redial" on a telephone, actually do a bigger disservice to the French speaking people than to any English speaker. The language laws in Quebec are more restrictive to French Quebeckers than to English speakers, my kids have gone to a bilingual school from day 1. My kids speak both languages. They can inspect all they want and attract the unwanted attention of global media, with all the social media and instant feedback I think Frau Marois' days are numbered. If the separatists only knew how much better they'd do with an attractive, charismatic, welcoming, inclusive leader who speaks English and is business minded. Nah not gonna happen. It is the ULTIMATE IRONY that these hard line Quebec=French (its own unique language, not to be confused with Continental European French) separatists, are the MOST "provincial"- minded of ALL canadians, yet they don't want to be a province anymore....maudits ethniques et leur argent. Back to eyewear. Lunettes. check out BONLOOK.com a Montreal company selling (illegally?) eyewear in Montreal to Americanos.

Occupation

Blue Jumper

Optimensch ,...................... During the reign of the last separatist government they had a complaint by an employee of the wordl's largest optical corporation that we had no MSDS in french for a certain product.
    That triggered them to check my website and they found out that I had no french version and only an Ewnghlish one as per law. They gave me 3 month to translate it into French or pay a $ 9,000.00 fine. It took me 3 month to do it in bad french, but there was no law that it had to be perfect.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Removing post, off original topic
    Last edited by idispense; 03-02-2013 at 07:16 AM.

Occupation
    I don't think that I could influence our separatist Quebec government to give you a vote across Canada and meddling into their affairs.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Removing post,off topic,should be another thread
    Last edited by idispense; 03-02-2013 at 07:17 AM.

Occupation

Big Smile

Who said anything about asking them for their opinion ?
    Are they under the impression the rest of Canada wants them to stay?
    Maybe a Canada wide vote without them participating would open their eyes ?
    And who is meddling into whose affairs ?
    Have they forgotten that their political affairs affect the rest of Canada ?
    Have they forgotten the rest of Canada pays for the uncertainties they create in global financial markets ?

The rest of Canada are not the meddlers, the rest of Canada is the victim of the tail trying to wag the dog.

You could just about convert most of above question to your regulators in Ontario.................

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Removing post,off topic,should be another thread
    While where at it you should have removed post 79.
    Don't worry you are still in first place on the Optiboarder with the most self-removed posts.
    Nobody even close

Occupation

Blue Jumper Making a mistake......we all can do that.......................

Anybody who is on OB can make a mistake of any sort and type, realize it and then delete a post. The more post's he or she makes, the more times this can happen.

We should not critizise posts not made.

Occupation
    Removing post, off original topic
    Why stop now? You seem to hijack every thread posted. Here's a suggestion....You should start a new thread and call it 'Canadian Optical Politics and Rants'. This should cover you on all topics and would allow others to chime in on other threads and stay on topic. Heck, I'm sure CC would sponsor you.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper Just too bad that an otherwise good thread is getting killed ........................

Just too bad that an otherwise good thread is getting killed by insulting each other. It shows Replies: 88, Views: 2,546 since it was started on February 3rd and wouldbe active further if we would not deviate from its theme.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Prior to March 11, would any one like to offer their opinion on the financial results of CC for their first 1/4, perhaps .

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Just too bad that an otherwise good thread is getting killed by insulting each other. It shows Replies: 88, Views: 2,546 since it was started on February 3rd and wouldbe active further if we would not deviate from its theme.
    I couldn't agree more Chris. The common deniminator (hijacker) is always the same, but heck, let's ignore that and move on....

As you recently mentioned in another thread, we must all start embracing the web and begin setting up e-commerce. Unlike CC, it can be done legally and through a network of independents. Heck I already have the supply chain licked with excellent pricing - all we need now is a network. I'm thinking an independent in each local region with exclusivity rights. Any takers?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Thats what makes people watch hockey and buy newspapers.

Occupation
    Interesting developments with CC happening...they're inventory levels have been decreased due to carrying costs (which makes sense), however they are also now using their inventory as security to reduce their liability and secure their $10M line of credit.

Looking at their financials, their net profit is 42% which equates into $82M in cash which seems fairly healthy for a high volume wholesale discounter. Yet, although their sales are up, their expenses have also increased and are parallel with their growth. If their system was working, their expenses (other than COGS) should be decreasing but is not. At this rate, they will never be profitable nor out of debt.

They are the next Titanic.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by HindSight2020 View Post
    Interesting developments with CC happening...they're inventory levels have been decreased due to carrying costs (which makes sense), however they are also now using their inventory as security to reduce their liability and secure their $10M line of credit.

Looking at their financials, their net profit is 42% which equates into $82M in cash which seems fairly healthy for a high volume wholesale discounter. Yet, although their sales are up, their expenses have also increased and are parallel with their growth. If their system was working, their expenses (other than COGS) should be decreasing but is not. At this rate, they will never be profitable nor out of debt.

They are the next Titanic.

Whats the issue with using inventory as security? Sounds like a good plan, its probably near worthless in a liquidation.

Perhaps their expenses have increased but what happened with their marketshare numbers ? Aren't they still in a buying marketshare phase ?

Occupation
    Whats the issue with using inventory as security?
    It says to me the bank is nervous and wants some security guarantees in the event they default. Where is all the cash they generated from selling shares???

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It says to me the bank is nervous and wants some security guarantees in the event they default. Where is all the cash they generated from selling shares???
    It says to me the bank is a bank. It also says to me the bank is silly as they will never realize full dollar in a liquidation fire sale and frames as collatral are not like cars as security. A car you can repossess, but who is going to repossess a used eyeglass frame containing used lenses with face cheese all over them ?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

AS for the proceeds of the share sales , that would depend on how the shares were issued and sold. Were the shares issued from treasury or were the shares privately held ?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    They are back on for $38 a pair until March 25th.
    I know this is a bit off topic but I was rather upset to see a couple CURRENT Vera Wang models for $99 each with lenses.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper I was rather upset to see a couple CURRENT Vera Wang models for $99 .................

Quote Originally Posted by curtains1 View Post

They are back on for $38 a pair until March 25th.
    I know this is a bit off topic but I was rather upset to see a couple CURRENT Vera Wang models for $99 each with lenses.

Question .......................................

Would you gain customers/consumer traffic if you would publicly sell the same for $ 99.00 each, no service included, but offer to take care of the sold product in the way of checking and unlimited adjustmets for 1 or 2 years for an additional $ 50.00 ?

Would you be willing to give it a shot by only selling the same current Vera Wang models as a special for a limited time period to try it out ?

Thread Information