Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABO/NCLE November 2012

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

ABO/NCLE November 2012

I looked but didn't see a thread on this. Who all took the abo or ncle last month? Did all states move to this PSI testing company? I took the abo only. I didn't find the test itself to be too challenging, but the format in which it's offered online is a bit ridiculous. It was taking 5 to 10 seconds after clicking next on every question to load the next one. Anyone else have any thoughts? I know it's early, but has anyone gotten results yet?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am waiting very patiently (but anxiously) for my results! I, like you, didn't find the test itself to be very hard. Although, the very first question stumped me and gave me a twinge of panic. The part I was most uncomfortable about was the PSI testing sight. The person working there had no idea how to log me into the test because it is different from the people there to take their Realtor license tests. The computer was extremely old and had the large monitor that flickered and made me feel like I was going to have an epileptic seizure! The chairs were also duct taped together. I was embarrassed for the company. Good luck on your results! I keep checking on the site to see if it's updated.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkeybel View Post
    I am waiting very patiently (but anxiously) for my results! I, like you, didn't find the test itself to be very hard. Although, the very first question stumped me and gave me a twinge of panic. The part I was most uncomfortable about was the PSI testing sight. The person working there had no idea how to log me into the test because it is different from the people there to take their Realtor license tests. The computer was extremely old and had the large monitor that flickered and made me feel like I was going to have an epileptic seizure! The chairs were also duct taped together. I was embarrassed for the company. Good luck on your results! I keep checking on the site to see if it's updated.
    Sounds pretty similar to the place I took mine. Extremely subpar facility. I think it doubles a a meth retail facility after hours. The lady that proctored our test was very sweet, but very unfamiliar with how to give our test.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Waiting for the results! The board stated we would all receive our results via email in January 2013.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodonez00 View Post
    Waiting for the results! The board stated we would all receive our results via email in January 2013.
    I know they still may want to review the questions or something, but it seems a little ridiculous that it takes that long for results when the test is electronic. All of PSI's other exams have instant results. All this, plus they've increased costs as testing overhead has [logically assumed] gone down?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm waiting for my results as well. I hate that part! As far as the testing site... when I pulled up to the address it looked like it was the huge facility for a plumbing company, but then there was this little office for PSI. It was pretty funny. And then inside the building there was a sign before you walked into the room where the test was administered with a disclaimer about a popping sound that could be heard periodically in the building. They provided ear plugs at each computer to use if you found it distracting! haha! Regarding the test...the delay between each question was kind of irritating, but I was still able to finish without feeling I was pressed for time.

I agree that it seems pretty ridiculous to take 8 weeks to come up with our scores considering it's all on the computer. I mean, even in college I was able to walk out of the testing center knowing right then how I did on the test and whether I could celebrate or if I needed to go get a pint of Ben & Jerry's to eat away my disappointment!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Well at least we can post here as soon as we get our results to inform others!!

Does anyone know if the scoring is graded on a curve? Or if some questions are thrown out just for research purposes? How does everyone think they did on the test?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My understanding is that 25 of the 125 questions are not counted. They're trial questions to use on future tests. It should not be graded on a curve, but they may see if a large number of people missed a certain question they may review the question to see if it was properly worded or something.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I didnt know they were supposed to be e-mailed out. That's pretty nice. I am slightly annoyed that the price went up, and now that it's computerized I still have to wait so long, but it is what it is. Good luck everyone. Crossing my fingers on my NCLE :x

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In case anyone is wondering I did call abo-ncle and the results are supposed to be e-mailed out next week. Good luck!

OptiBoard Apprentice OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    are the results emailed whether you *** or fail because im getting nervous because i havent received results yet

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm not sure in regard to the email, but you should also be able to check on their website (https://candidate.psiexams.com/testrac/) if you still have your user id and password. If not you can call psi to get it, but be prepared to be on hold for 15-40 mins. I haven't gotten mine yet. Also, as ridiculous as it is, remember that they say 8 weeks for the results. I took mine the tuesday after thanksgiving, so I'm still well within that time frame.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yeah i took mine on the 25th but i think it is a little ridiculous that it takes 8 weeks with a computerized test. Also if they started emailing reults last week i should of got it already...i deleted that log on once i took the test of course sigh

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I still have my PSI login, but forgot the password...anyone remember what the default password was referenced to? No results on my end yet either

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My password was completely random. But mine was also assigned at the testing site as I never got a confirmation email or anything from psi prior to the exam. My experience with them was 100% terrible and unprofessional.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I figured it out.. Results say (UNAVAILABLE)

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    its the password you used to login and sched the exam ..but its not updated either way so you're not missing anything. I doubt that will be updated before we get our results anyway. That information doesn't really matter to them until next testing time comes around. My guess is we will get our results before anything online is updated.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sigh this sucks man im way too impatient for this

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    I took my ABO in November, and I was completely unimpressed with the whole testing process. My test was suppose to begin at 8 AM but they couldn't figure out how to load my test. My test site was actually at an airport :/ and they had to call in their IT guy to come in and figure out how to get my test running. I didn't even start taking my test until 835! I didn't think it was too challenging, but I hate waiting for results. Good luck to everyone!

OptiBoard Apprentice SoopaTroopa's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I took the ABO in late November. I got an e-mail maybe a week or two later talking about how I could log into the ABO website with my certification number and such so I figured I passed. When I got in touch with the ABO they told me to disregard that e-mail and I've been waiting ever since. Getting really impatient. Took the Virginia practical exam in December and now am totally in limbo as to whether I passed either of them. Want to pull my hair out

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This is the email I just received from the abo regarding results

Thank you so much for your patience.* Results have not come back yet but they are expected to very soon.* They will go out via email to everyone, within the next week or two.

All the best,

ABO-NCLE

Customer Service

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Any results folks?

Good thing they computerized and charge more!

Come on ABO, get with the program!

What a damn shame!
    Last edited by Fezz; 01-15-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Any results folks?

What a damn shame!
    Still no results for me. I took it on one of the earlier days though, so I was just thinking maybe I have to wait 8 weeks from the time the last people took it to get my results. It's kind of driving me crazy because if I pass, I'm getting a raise, and the sooner we can get that on the books, the better!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    Any results folks?

What a damn shame!
    Cut 'em some slack Fezz! It takes a long time to count all those 1s and 0s.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What a pain in the butt! A friend of mine took her ABO in November 2011 and she said she had her results by the 1st week of January 2012. I assumed that this whole PSI testing crap would make things go by faster, but man I was wrong. My testing facility was pretty creepy, very strict and awkward. I've taken police department psych tests that were less uncomfortable.

Thread Information