Thread: What do you think......…of Sync?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

What do you think......…of Sync?

Hoya has a lens for "today's fast paced digital world".

I assume that these are a form of low add progressive. Hoya claims that they are different because they have "no peripheral distortion and no defined reading zone". They say the lens has "vertical aspheric design".

So........are you using this lens?

Results?

Complaints?

I am thinking of trying one.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are you suspicious at all that lens manufacturers are inventing problems to solve? Essilor just put out a backside digital Adaptar - what demographic does that help? Those who want the latest in old design? The quantity and speed of new product that is coming out is staggering. In my opinion, manufacturers are struggling to find niches for every new idea that comes out. The cart has lapped the horse. Good luck in your endeavor and if it really makes a difference please let me know. It's a lot of white noise right now.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hoya Sync is one of a new family of "enhanced" FF SV lenses, designed for the visual demands of using digital devices. the Sync 5 is for students, young adults and very early presbies and offers modest accommmodative support for all users of digital devices.

Like Shamir Relax

B

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've fit about a dozen or so students in the sync 5 with enormous success. They are right saying there is no peripheral distortion, theres only a 0.52 add. When the patient glances at their iPhone or new tablet (which is all day) that little bump of add reduces eye fatigue and from what we've seen, makes them happy. FYI I am selling it as a 'SV lens with an enhancement for reading and using tablets.' Once you say the word progressive they get all jumpy. Hope this helps. We love it here.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Barry Santini's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Strangely, the *only* material substrates that Sync is available in is 1.5, 1.6 & 1.67...no poly, no phoenix/trivex.

B

Rising Star OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Docs in my office say if we don't prescribe it Opticians, can't sell it!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by cmarx View Post
    Docs in my office say if we don't prescribe it Opticians, can't sell it!
    If theyre telling you what to do then that means they are the boss.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I just recieved my first pair of Hoya Sync 5 (+0.53 add). They are by far the best lenses I've ever had. I tried the Shamir Relax in comparison, and Hoya Sync blew the Shamir away. It is true, there is no peripheral distortion and it is incredibly smooth vertically. It relaxes my eyes and it is so easy to use. My RX: OD:-1.00 SPH, OS: -0.75 -0.25 x 002, with the Sync 5 (+0.53 add). Normally, I cannot wear my distance glasses up close even though the RX is light. Try them!!

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Is this a new lens, or Hoya EasyView sold under another name?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollybabette View Post
    I just recieved my first pair of Hoya Sync 5 (+0.53 add). They are by far the best lenses I've ever had. I tried the Shamir Relax in comparison, and Hoya Sync blew the Shamir away. It is true, there is no peripheral distortion and it is incredibly smooth vertically. It relaxes my eyes and it is so easy to use. My RX: OD:-1.00 SPH, OS: -0.75 -0.25 x 002, with the Sync 5 (+0.53 add). Normally, I cannot wear my distance glasses up close even though the RX is light. Try them!!
    I would like to know your age, if you feel like sharing that info with the entire web-reading world, or maybe as a PM.

Thread Information