New measuring device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New measuring device

I have heard that Rodenstock has introduce laltely a new measuring device Impressionist 3 wich has many advantages than other measuring devices:
    1 photo measures everything
    more compact
    no need of aditional clipons that are put over the frame.
    i would like to know if anyone has this 2012 model and some advices regarding whether to buy or not.
    thank you.
    Last edited by wilddevil; 11-27-2012, 10:45 AM.

i need to know mmore too can s.o. helps

Comment

Originally posted by Achraf View Post
      i need to know mmore too can s.o. helps
      Well, if it's like their lenses, we should be hearing about it .........never?
      -Tony

Comment

Originally posted by TLG View Post
        Well, if it's like their lenses, we should be hearing about it .........never?
        Are you refering to a good or bad impression about theire lenses?
        sigpic
        Hamza Mahmoud

Mail : mahmoud.hamza@optylab.com
        Web : www.optylab.com

Comment

Originally posted by mahmoud.hamza View Post
          Are you refering to a good or bad impression about theire lenses?
          I believe it is neither, we just don't hear about their lenses here in the US.

Comment

remember devises are to impresse the client, it does not make better fittings

"master Bobie" uses a penlight and is known for being a great lens fitter.

best regards

Peter

Comment

Has Master Bobie truly trained on and worked with a quality digital system? While Bobie may be terrific manually, he may find features in one of the quality systems that takes his "perceived" and/or "actual" abilities to a higher level. Some of the best surgeons kicked and screamed before they would touch the Da Vinci surgical system until they tried it and found the added abilities and features to be a win for them and the patient...

Comment

ill say it this way, i have a Zeiss RVT,
                take your ownPD 20 times and you vil find that it changes all the time. its not valid but it seams accurate, but it not realy something you can rely on.

Comment

Might suggest trying other systems as there are very accurate and repeatable ones available... I have not used the specific Zeiss system you reference so no comments there...

Comment

Originally posted by wilddevil View Post
                    I have heard that Rodenstock has introduce laltely a new measuring device Impressionist 3 wich has many advantages than other measuring devices:
                    1 photo measures everything
                    more compact
                    no need of aditional clipons that are put over the frame.
                    i would like to know if anyone has this 2012 model and some advices regarding whether to buy or not.
                    thank you.
                    I did try an impressionist 3, which sounded really good in theory.
                    In practice I just found that because the machine actually takes several images simultaneously it required each and every photo to then be measured and manually corrected/lined up within the software.
                    I've used quite a few of the machines including some of the iPad devices that are available and the one that I found easiest to use and actually presented me measurements I was able to reproduce over and over was the zeiss iterminal 2.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeCare Rich View Post
                      I believe it is neither, we just don't hear about their lenses here in the US.
                      Right, even I have never heard about them here in US.
                      Killeen Vision Source

Comment

Working...
                      X