Thread: younger

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

younger

Rcv,d my vision ease illumina lenses drivewear. First let me say thanks to the folks at vision ease for making this available to some of the optiboarders.

Lenses were rcvd and checked out, exactly on power and no distortions or any thing else.

I purposely had a brand new refraction so i could give an accurate rendering

these were mounted in a frame with a 30 B measurement to make sure there was ample room for the near

upon wearing these i did notice excellent clarity in the three major zones, however i think for computer purposes these may not be the best choice, as the midrange to me is somewhat short.

My biggest dissapointment is they do not turn very dark at all outside, even at full sunlight in cold weather. Driving produces almost no tint at all

lens appears to be poly, which may explain some of that

All said, i would have no problem selling these as a general purpose lens, as in thier clear state they visual acuity is excellent

I know thier are others who opted for these lenses, but i have not seen any other posts on them yet
    Last edited by harry a saake; 11-01-2012 at 08:12 PM.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Harry,

Are you speaking of the Younger Image Drivewear, or the VisionEase LifeRX Illumina? The LifeRX starts clear, while the drivewear starts with a greenish polarized. There are things in your post that leave me unsure.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Big problem selling this lens!:)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

ooop,s

Quote Originally Posted by LENNY View Post
    Big problem selling this lens!:)
    Yes, i meant vision ease

Master OptiBoarder
    Somewhere over the Colorful Spectrum of Light
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Harry, most photochromics don't work behind your windshield. No UV, or very little UV makes it through the windshield to "activate" the cells to darken the lens. I certainly hope you let your patients know when you recommend this type of lens. Sorry it didn't darken very much outside for you though, that is usually where most modern photo lenses perform much better than lenses of the past. Take a look at yourself in a mirror when you are out, just to make sure it isn't a bit darker than you think it is, sometimes people's eyes adapt to the smooth change in the darkness.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Stopped selling the product because it has issues delaminating.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by phitrace View Post
    stopped selling the product because it has issues delaminating.
    big ditto !

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The lens has been improved to address the de-lamination issues. In AZ the de-laminated very quickly, the new lenses don't delaminate. (At least over a two year period I have not seen this issue). For the Vision Ease lens.
    Younger's Drivewear is a different lens that is a polarized-transition that DOES get very dark, even in your car.
    I came, I saw, I left

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    [lens has been improved to address the de-lamination issues. In AZ the de-laminated very quickly, the new lenses don't delaminate. (At least over a two year period I have not seen this issue). For the Vision Ease lens.]

I have been hearing the de-lamination problem has been solved for 6 years. They keep on de-laminating and I would never try them again.

Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    I think there is some confusion in this thread between DriveWear and LifeRx. I have never heard of DriveWear delamination.
    RT

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    The initial post was confusing. The original posting was regarding the VisionEase Illumina LifeRx. It was originally posted as "Younger Illumina Drivewear". It appears the OP tried to correct the issue.

I haven't seen the LifeRx delaminate in quite some time, and have never seen an issue with Drivewear.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    We've carried and sold the liferx through and after the delamination. I haven't seen any issues over the last 2 years

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    First and foremost thank you for trying the lenses.

Just a couple points of clarification. The lenses discussed are indeed Illumina LifeRx (poly) lenses and not drivewear. LifeRx photochromic lenses are not designed to activate behind a windshield. They need UV exposure to activate.

With regards to darkness, it’s definitely a balancing act. The more one optimizes to reach darker activation, the more one gives up on other performances characteristics. LifeRx lenses were optimized to balance performance and comfort in all weather conditions. But the little they give up in darkness, the lenses gain back in important attributes such as added clarity in the clear state, fast activation and extremely fast de-activation. Attributes very important to consumers. Very glad to hear you noticed the clarity!

If you’ve ever had a negative experience, we strongly encourage anyone to experience the enhancements put in place. We're confident you will be pleased with the lens.

Thanks again,

Vision-Ease Lens

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    When LifeRx first came out, we had major problems with delamination. Vision-Ease went above and beyond to correct the problem, and we have been using the product ever since as our standard for photochromic lenses.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well again to the folks at vision ease, again my thanks for a fine lens.When i started this post i meant it to be for the optiboarders who had rcvd the lenses to get thier comments.
    Like usual it turned into more unrelated garbage
    eyecarerich, what you told me i knew at least 40 years ago
    could we please hear from just those that took advantage of the generosity of vision ease, and rcvd these lenses, i cant be the only one

Master OptiBoarder
    Somewhere over the Colorful Spectrum of Light
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by harry a saake View Post
    Well again to the folks at vision ease, again my thanks for a fine lens.When i started this post i meant it to be for the optiboarders who had rcvd the lenses to get thier comments.
    Like usual it turned into more unrelated garbage
    eyecarerich, what you told me i knew at least 40 years ago
    could we please hear from just those that took advantage of the generosity of vision ease, and rcvd these lenses, i cant be the only one
    Holy smokes, sorry for the misinterpretation! I was replying to your comment "Driving produces almost no tint at all" which sounds to me like you expected it to work behind the windshield. I did not know you where an experienced optician, and was trying to be friendly by helping someone who may not have known, or had been educated to that.

On a continuing note, I did take advantage of this promotion, and I like the newer version of Vision Ease's photochromic. It works well, and appears to have improved very much as far as delamination. It was very nice of VE to let people try it out first hand and experience the product as to hopefully sell the product with knowledge that it works now.

Rich

Thread Information