Thread: Moving to Columbia, SC - Looking for optical/optician/office manager position

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Moving to Columbia, SC - Looking for optical/optician/office manager position

Hello all,
    I am new here and would like to put out there that my family and I are moving back to Columbia, SC and I am looking for a job in the Optical Field. I have 10+ years experience in the field. I started in the lab at Robertsons Optical. I edged all Medicaid work for the lab. At Robertstons, I used a pattern Weco. I have experience in sales as well. Working at LensCrafters and private practices in Columbia and Charleston.
    I am currently Office Manager/Optician at Palmetto Vision Care. I edge all non VSP work. (about 85% of work, I edge). My current duties include, Practice Metrics, Billing, Insurance reconciliation, Frame purchasing, maintain inventory. I am with the patient throughout their exam. I do all pretesting and optical sales.

Below I have copied my resume.
    Please, if you know of anything or anyone that might be looking for someone in this area, let me know. Thank you!

* Evan Wages
    122 A Plymouth Avenue
    Charleston, SC 29412

p 843-330-8632

epwages@gmail.com

SUMMARY

Top-notch Optician with more than ten years experience in selecting, fitting and providing the highest quality patient care by ensuring individualized service with attentiveness, accuracy, prompt delivery, efficiency, and patient education

EDUCATION

Midlands Technical College Columbia, SC — General, 2000-2004
    Lexington High School Lexington, SC -- General Graduated 2000

EXPERIENCE

Office Manager/Optician, Palmetto Vision Care, LLC

Charleston, SC — 2010-Present

Responsible for all administrative duties including, daily practice metrics, Insurance reimbursement reconciliation, deposits, social media, website optimization. Also, in charge of all Optical duties including inventory, frame purchasing, patient eyewear selection, ordering with and without insurance, edging all non VSP work. Responsible for pretesting patients including Visual Field Testing, HRT, Auto Refracting, Digital Imaging, Visual Acuities, Contact Lens Insertion and Removal and many other tasks. Worked with patients on any problems from billing questions to simple eyewear adjustments. Managed 3 employees between 2 offices.
    Accomplishments

• Helped build office to 40K/month from 25K-30K/month

Optical Manager, EyeCare Specialties of Charleston/Kiawah Island (Village Optical)

Charleston, SC — 2006-2010

In charge of all Optical duties including Inventory, frame purchasing, patient eyewear selection etc. Worked with high end product at the Kiawah Island location and fit many athletes. Responsible for reporting to partners bi-weekly with office statistics.

Optician, Drs Eyecare/Contact Lens Clinic

Columbia, SC — 2004-2006

Helped patients with eyewear selection and all ordering with and without Insurance. Aided in frame purchasing and other optical duties.

LensCrafters-Richland Fashion Mall

Columbia, SC - 2002-2004

Started in Lab, edging work for 1 hour patients and worked over to Sales. Floated between offices throughout Columbia.

SKILLS

-Excellent knowledge of optical devices and their applications.
    -Excellent understanding of and a proven ability to provide
    -Excellent customer service.
    -Proven ability to promote and sell optical products.
    -Thorough grasp of medical terminology; great ability to analyze and interpret prescriptions.
    -Exceptional interpersonal skills.
    Solid detail oriented.
    -Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong ability to converse easily with patients
    -Uncommon ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
    -Profound ability to use the computer, great familiarity with MS -Office while comfortably learning new programs
    -Exceptional ability to multi-task within a busy environment, working with patients and clinicians simultaneously

REFERENCES

Jamie Elliott - 843-810-50034
    Tommy Croffead - 843-425-9031
    Pat Davis - 803-790-0000
    Wayne Harkelroad - 803-413-1372
    Ed Sansbury - 803-261-8881

Evan Wages
    843-330-8632
    epwages@gmail.com
    evan@palmettovisioncare.com
    Last edited by epwages@gmail.com; 10-12-2012 at 08:09 AM. Reason: add more information, Thanks Wes!

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Evan, I suggest you go into more depth with your experience (lab, sales, dispensing, pretesting, managing?) and list any relevant degrees, licenses and certifications.
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Wesley S. Scott, MBA, MIS, ABOM, NCLE-AC, LDO - SC & GA

“As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it.” -Albert Einstein

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Thank you Wes.
    I appreciate the help!

Evan

Thread Information