Thread: 10000 lens designs

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist

10000 lens designs

There are 10000 progressive designs to choose from but only 2 political parties in the USA. Wtf? It is such a phony and artificial pure marketing play that the manufacturers have conjured with pal designs. How about giving me a good 'short' design and a good softer design and when you have product improvements just improve the product rather than calling it something new and keeping the previous one inferior. the monstrosity of a catalogue Essilor has created is a joke. We are being made fools of as professionals and we overhype already confused customers who are running more and more to the web and to Costco. Consumers can get 100$ air wear a-r coated ovations. I think essilor charges me (wholesale pricing removed) for the pleasure. But it's ok because for only (wholesale pricing removed) I can buy physio 4.o.blah blah super poopers with 20% more of this and 30% more of that. Man it's enough already.
    Last edited by Fezz; 09-26-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Wholesale pricing removed

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posting wholesale pricing is not allowed as per the posting guidelines. I cleaned your post up and removed them.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    There are a lot more than 2 political parties in the US...just sayin'.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I use one Iot design for all and could not have better results. The rest of it is a crock! The design is only a piece of the puzzle out of 50 pieces! Any one of the 50 can cause more issues than the design of the lens. They all work, but can they work in harmony with the other 49 pieces?

I used to work for Essilor as a lens rep so I am very aware of the behind the scenes world of lens magic! It is smoke and foo foo dust. There is no reason to pay for lenses that are no better than the rest.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    well maybe so, but it sure doesn't seem like it! Personally if I could, I'd sooner vote for Jesse Ventura and Howard Stern, than either of these mainstream guys. If Ron Paul could get traction as an independent that would be interesting too. Anyway BACK TO LENSES NOW.;) So here's a question. When you take a seg height for progressives with demo lenses (or no demo lenses) in a frame, and measure say "X", then when the Rx lenses are mounted, and perhaps because of the bit of vertical prism in the lenses your height appears to be too low with respect to the eye - do you prefer tylenol or advil??

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optimensch View Post
    well maybe so, but it sure doesn't seem like it! Personally if I could, I'd sooner vote for Jesse Ventura and Howard Stern, than either of these mainstream guys. If Ron Paul could get traction as an independent that would be interesting too. Anyway BACK TO LENSES NOW.;) So here's a question. When you take a seg height for progressives with demo lenses (or no demo lenses) in a frame, and measure say "X", then when the Rx lenses are mounted, and perhaps because of the bit of vertical prism in the lenses your height appears to be too low with respect to the eye - do you prefer tylenol or advil??
    Why don't you do the edging yourself and put the seg anywhere you want? Getting uncut lenses is much cheaper anyway and you also have the ability to control overall cosmetics of the end product.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Says more about the US political system than it does about the lens market.

Thread Information