Thread: NEED ADVICE- Getting into AR

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

NEED ADVICE- Getting into AR

Our lab is going into digital very soon and we want a good entry level AR unit that gives a quality coating for the cost.
    I was hoping to make a deal with one of the digital suppliers for an AR unit as well but it seems cost prohibitive.
    I may still do that, but I need advice on what is out there that is high quality and moderately priced that can coat
    20-50 pr per day to start. We can't spend another $200K on top of the digital equipment purchase so is there anything out there made by anyone that isn't junk, that will actually give a coating we can safely warranty for a year?
    Is there nothing out there for less than $100K? That's what I don't know. Please advise. ....and thanks.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    When you get quality uncut coatings from other companies quick with a 2 yr warranty for under (wholesale pricing removed) a pair, you must sit back and ask yourself 'WHY'??
    Last edited by Fezz; 09-25-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Wholesale pricing removed

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    However with going digital and trying to provide an "in house" solution, there is an argument made to have AR. I know in this area, when we talk to an account, they always ask if it is in house. A large local lab has convinced them that they will always be faster cause they don't send it out. We are proving them wrong, but we are also at a much lower margin..
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Thread Information