Thread: Jeff, Darris, Alan, and whoever else has responded could you help a brother out?

Bad address email on file

Hello guys,

The first pair of glasses I acquired were wrong they had the problems that we have discussed such as chromatic abberation and off center lenses plus headaches. My mom bought them with her credit card so flex/insurance could take care of it later once she acquired the receipt. I contacted the doctor and he said he would not fix the lenses without me paying for them so I did not pick them up and I refused to return to this doctor since he told me to my face that he did not care about me, but only how much money he could make off me. He refused also to let me check out the selection of contact lenses that were available, he literally grabbed the list right out of my hands after he gave it to me and gave the appearance that it wasn't my choice what went in my eye or on my face but his. This was one rude doctor and the last time I saw him he asked me never to return to his office, I said that would be sufficient. So I never did return even though I had glasses coming. I was giving this person $400 dollars and he acted like it was no big deal to lose this kind of money. My mom is a single mom around 50 and she is still trying to raise my little brother. She called the doctor to have him credit her account back the money she paid for the glasses. I never did pick my glasses up because of the doctors actions and the fallacy that he portrayed.

I am asking the people that contributed to the thread on "plastic vs. glass and the burden of prism affects,"if I can use some of the things you said in a letter that I am writing to my mothers credit card company. If it is possible that I can, please respond to how you would like it presented. You opinions and factual presentations are the only things that I have going for me in this letter. If you wouldn't like me to include statements that is fine also. I would not include names, addresses or anything else that would give your privacy away. Only what you said. The main areas I would be focusing on would be 20/15 overcorrection and the off centerness of the lenses and also the rudeness of the doctor. I was never rude to him. I thank you for your responses. If you have any suggestions please post them. If you feel like I am trying to hang one of your fellow OD's it is not like that. I am merely trying to acquire back money that he conned from me. I told the doctor immediately after I put them on that they wouldn't work, and that I couldn't see anything. From that point on the doctor was a jerk about the whole thing and that's when I decided to go to a different doctor.

beta chem

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Hello beta chem,

I'm now thoroughly confused. If you never picked the fixed glasses up, but you have the original glasses it may be difficult to get the credit card company to contest the charges. How do you propose to get the incorrect glasses back to the doctor or did you leave them with him?

You are welcome to use anything that I posted if you think it will help. I wish you luck and let me know how it turns out.

Darris C.

Hello Darris,

I quit going to this doctor and never did pick the glasses up because if there were anymore problems I would always have to deal with him so I quit going to his office. I refused to pay for the plastic lenses because the glass was less expensive than the plastic hi-index but he still charged me for the plastic.It was a difference of about $80 dollars. I already paid for the plastic and he would not refund my money.

beta chem

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If there is a legitamate problem just talk to your local better business bureau. I am sure they will help you.

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

With all due respect Matthew,

The BBB isn't a useful endeavor for any reason. If beta files a grievance with them the doctor need only respond and the matter is over through the BBB. They do nothing unless the perp. refuses to respond (but they are given three chances to respond). Then and only then do they get put into the BBB bulletin with bad marks against them.

We used the BBB to file a grievance against an advertising company that out and out lied to us about how they would handle our advertisement. The BBB submitted our letter to the advertiser and received a response from them which the BBB forwarded to us. After that the BBB was done and no other action was taken on their part and we were left holding the bag. Thanks Better Business Bureau! :-)

It's amazing how little $300.00 a year in dues will buy. That was the first and last time we ever used the BBB for anything and stopped our membership with them.

Sorry to go on about this but the BBB is a sore subject for me.

Take care,

Darris C.

Cape Codger OptiBoard Gold Supporter hcjilson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

DearBeta

My advice would be to file a complaint with the board of registration in your state.I would also file that complaint with the Consumer affairs office in your state.If the board of registration takes an action that you don't agree with,you can appeal it to the consumer affairs office.Consumer complaints
    are taken very seriously and it is the job of each board to resolve them to the satisfacion of the consumer.This may take the most time but it will get the best results.BBB has no regulatory power and therefore is weak in resolving complaints.Best wishes from Cape Cod.
    Harry Jilson

OptiBoard Apprentice

Any difficulties you have with a medical professional should be addressed in writing to the governing state regulatory board. Be sure you state the facts of the case (as you remember them), and try to avoid inflammatory or subjective comments. Don't use quotes, unless you qualify them with something like "or a similar comment" or have a tape recording. The Board is obligated to review anything submitted in writing. Be aware that they will generally contact the doctor and ask for his/her interpretation of events. Your letter will be provided to the doctor, in most cases. The Board may also question his staff.

After a review of the complaint/reply, a determination of whether there is any action required will be made, and all parties will be advised of any resolutions undertaken.

The bottom line - if one has a legitimate complaint, one should make it. If not, one shouldn't. (this is not specific advice to you, but a general comment)

Rick

Thanks everyone for your information. It will be very helpful.

beta chem

Thread Information