Thread: SGX PLUS Generator Troubles HELP!!!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Angry SGX PLUS Generator Troubles HELP!!!

We have spent $9,000 on parts that the Coburn tech said we needed to try.....so far nothing helps.
    Here's what's wrong: Can anyone help us?!?!?!?!?

We put in IO Board, a new spindle, valve actuators, valves, circuit board to the valve actuators, and were TOLD
    we should try a new motor. The problem is the machine shuts down with spindle error almost always in the same place just after cribbing. The Coburn tech said they have no answers and cannot figure out the problem. They have told us everything they know how to troubleshoot. So where do we turn?
    The machine is 5 yrs old. If you can't help us, do you know who can? Please have them read this post and respond.
    Thanks for looking.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Was there any issues prior to getting the spindle errors?
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by edk68 View Post
    We have spent $9,000 on parts that the Coburn tech said we needed to try.....so far nothing helps.
    Here's what's wrong: Can anyone help us?!?!?!?!?

We put in IO Board, a new spindle, valve actuators, valves, circuit board to the valve actuators, and were TOLD
    we should try a new motor. The problem is the machine shuts down with spindle error almost always in the same place just after cribbing. The Coburn tech said they have no answers and cannot figure out the problem. They have told us everything they know how to troubleshoot. So where do we turn?
    The machine is 5 yrs old. If you can't help us, do you know who can? Please have them read this post and respond.
    Thanks for looking.
    No there was never a lick of trouble with this machine. Its been working great since we bought it new and we have babied it and taken good care maintaining it.

OptiBoard Professional Mike Fretto's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We had a similar problem after replacing our monitor. We used an old monitor we had laying around that would hook up to the SGX. Unfortunately it was considerably heavier than the little Coburn monitor that came with it. I think this caused some kind of alignment issue with one of the sensors so we swung the whole monitor table off to the side and its been working fine ever since.
    Mike

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Does the error occur after cribbing all materials or just after thick poly or trivex? Not sure by your post if the spindle motor was replaced..and who installed the new parts?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Jubilee's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have also seen where someone has replaced the spindle motor and not have it aligned properly..

Just out of curiosity.. does it error out when you don't crib?
    "Some believe in destiny, and some believe in fate. But I believe that happiness is something we create."-Something More by Sugarland

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    It sounds like there might be a broken wire on the main motor. I had the same thing happen to me years ago.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Have you replaced any of the spindle sensors? There are several, for speed and for location. If they used the same sensors that are on my Vector, its a little black tab with two or more wires coming out of it and a small red LED. If the LED is not lit, the sensor is faulty.

I'm actually surprised that was not the first thing that was recommended to check!!

Thread Information