Thread: New Kodak Unique DS Lenses

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

New Kodak Unique DS Lenses

Has anyone else been using these new lenses? We have been getting them in with consistently sloppy laser markings on them. We got a set sent in today with 2 add markings - with different powers - stamped one on top of the other. The rep at Signet Armorlite had the audacity to tell me the "DS" in Unique DS stands for "Double Stamped".

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by LC James View Post
    Has anyone else been using these new lenses? We have been getting them in with consistently sloppy laser markings on them. We got a set sent in today with 2 add markings - with different powers - stamped one on top of the other. The rep at Signet Armorlite had the audacity to tell me the "DS" in Unique DS stands for "Double Stamped".
    I got an email last week announcing the original Unique is available again. Looks like their keeping the "DS" in their line as well.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    That rep is now front runner for the 'Idiot of the Year' Award! I would never let them set foot in my practice again.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The rep at Signet Armorlite had the audacity to tell me the "DS" in Unique DS stands for "Double Stamped".
    Oh this is awesome. I love these lens reps. They make my day. I had a Hoya rep came to me once and said "You have been using Shamir and Zeiss a lot, but I am going to change that"

I: "Tell me what makes Hoya better than them"
    Rep: "Shamir is better than us on wrap frames and Zeiss is better over all"
    I: "So what are you here for?"
    Rep: "Well you can use our lab, don't have to get Hoya lens from us"
    I: "Ok, I will get back to you on that"

Sometimes there lens companies hire really interesting folks who has experience in the optical industry but no peoples skills at all, or it is the other way around. So far the best rep I have seen is Shamir rep.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Can confirm the DS (double stamped) peculiarity with the Kodak Unique DS. Ordered a pair with a 1.75 ADD, it was double stamped with a 1.00 and 1.75, scoped them and the correct ADD was supplied. Gonna have to call my rep and report their reaction.
    Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
    ALT248=°

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by scriptfiller View Post
    Can confirm the DS (double stamped) peculiarity with the Kodak Unique DS. Ordered a pair with a 1.75 ADD, it was double stamped with a 1.00 and 1.75, scoped them and the correct ADD was supplied. Gonna have to call my rep and report their reaction.
    I have received so many lenses from VSP with double stamps and they were not Kodak Unique DS. It turned out later that they were receiving the lens from the manufacturer with engravings and after surfacing they were also engraving the lens themselves causing "double stamps"

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    When the lens first came out, I noticed that the availability was exactly the same as the precise. I believe they are using the precise 1.00 add blanks, and are optimizing the back side. This is why you are seeing two stamps.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have been using Kodak products for more than a few years now. I have dispensed many Kodak DS (Dual Side) lenses, along with the new Precise PB (Precision Back) These lenses can be completed with digital surfacing. At times I'll get a patient with a previous Varilux product, I will gladly switch them into the Unique DS. Non-adapts & Dr's changes 100% credit.. I believe the rep that made the double stamping comment was joking.
    Last edited by KKirkpatrick; 12-03-2012 at 08:01 PM.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Please do not post wholesale prices anywhere except the Eyecare Professional forum. Thank you.

OptiBoard Administrator
    ----
    OptiBoard has been proudly serving the Eyecare Community since 1995.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I was told by my rep that the DS stood for "Double-Sided" technology. I haven't had any issues with the stamping....

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Question

[QUOTE=KKirkpatrick;445666]I have been using Kodak products for more than a few years now. I have dispensed many Kodak DS (Dual Side) lenses, along with the new Precise PB (Precision Back) These lenses can be completed with digital surfacing. At times I'll get a patient with a previous Varilux product, I will gladly switch them into the Unique DS. Non-adapts & Dr's changes 100% credit.. I believe the rep that made the double stamping comment was joking.

:Do not post wholesale prices........."I thought this was a site specifically for Opticians"

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by KKirkpatrick View Post

:Do not post wholesale prices........."I thought this was a site specifically for Opticians"
    This site is for Optical Professionals. It is also open to view by the public. Therefore, posting of wholesale prices is not allowed. Please review the posting guidelines:

Optiboard is a public discussion forum. We are composed of eyecare professionals and the consuming public. In this regard, it is inappropriate to publish wholesale prices, or other propriatary information which might compromise the relationship between professionals and consumers. If you have questions of this nature, or information to provide, please use the Private Message system to ask the question or to diseminate the information. Posts containing pricing information deemed inappropriate, will be removed.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks Fuzz!
    Posted prices only to help other Opticians choose the best lens possible. I must've missed this ettiquette section when I was signed up...only to be bored upon visiting.

Thread Information