Thread: Anne Klein 9126... O.M.G.!!!

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician

Anne Klein 9126... O.M.G.!!!

I have NEVER run into this before, so I don't know if this is an issue with the AK line, this particular model, or this particular frame...

Patient sent this in to have plano filters installed. Checked C size after tracing of both lenses in the frame, came in about 143.5 mm.

Edged right lens, popped in no problem, didn't even have to tweek the frame curve.

Edged the left lens...and even though it matched the C size of the edged right lens, it would not go into the frame. Had to tweek the frame curve, re-edged smaller (and smaller) and finally got a good fit at 141.5 mm C size. 2 mm in circumference smaller. Rechecked the sample lenses and both measured 143.5.

Anybody have this problem before with this frame?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeAurelius View Post
    I have NEVER run into this before, so I don't know if this is an issue with the AK line, this particular model, or this particular frame...

Patient sent this in to have plano filters installed. Checked C size after tracing of both lenses in the frame, came in about 143.5 mm.

Edged right lens, popped in no problem, didn't even have to tweek the frame curve.

Edged the left lens...and even though it matched the C size of the edged right lens, it would not go into the frame. Had to tweek the frame curve, re-edged smaller (and smaller) and finally got a good fit at 141.5 mm C size. 2 mm in circumference smaller. Rechecked the sample lenses and both measured 143.5.

Anybody have this problem before with this frame?
    No experience with this exact frame, but after hearing your delema I could only figure that the right lens demo was forced in the frame and would have lens clocked torically high in the "A" and flat in the "B". That said I would have liked to see the frame circ results from that frame after it was traced on a tracer that would independently capture the right and left circumferences.

Banned
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Funny thing about that...both sides of the frame were traced. Which confuses the heck outa me.

Thread Information