Thread: USA loves Greece???

OptiBoard Apprentice NeaOptikiSA's Avatar
    Occupation
    Frame Manufacturer

Big Smile USA loves Greece???

Guys,

after a short period of 2 months daily contacts with USA opticians, retail optical shops and optical distributors i have to admit that almost 100% of the people i have contact are positive to the "made in Greece" idea.

I have tried to reach the eyewear industry in USA in order to arrange appointments for the Vision Expo West 2012 where we are going to exhibit for the 1st time in history. A Greek company reaches USA exhibition in eyewear! Of course i try hard to attract the interest of the eyewear businessmen as i offer a -25% discount for the first appointments in the Show.

Is it the interest of Greek products so much in other major markets? like Yogurt? fresh juice? or anything else?
    Angel the Greek
    Eyewear manufacturer
    Handmade optical frames and sunglasses 100% made in Greece
    www.neaoptiki.com www.elgrecoeyewear.com

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter SharonB's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yes there is interest - If Greece leaves the Euro Zone, we all suffer! Anything we can do to bolster the Greek economy will be a benefit. However, our (USA) economy is held hostage to China, not the Euro Zone. There is some backlash in the US against Chinese products, and there have been so many re-calls due to tainted pet food, lead in toys, and bogus pharmaceuticals, that Chinese products are constantly suspect.
    In the state that I live in (NY), the popularity of Greek style yogurt has been beneficial to the local dairy industry, and so much so that the yogurt producers have to go to neighboring states for their milk supplies as there is not enough here. This doesn't do much for the optical industry, but it does say a lot about the globalization of economies. There is also a lot of interest in Greek olive oil, lemon juice and extract.
    I wish you and your company well!
    Lost and confused in an optical wonderland!

Thread Information