Thread: is this hard to understand?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Angry is this hard to understand?

Okay, if I tell you your total is going to be $300.00 your lenses were $200.00 and your frame was $100.00 and you see on your receipt R $100 L $100 frame $100.00 is it that hard to understand that it is showing a right and left lens? I got yelled at today for this and this is not the first time. I would understand if I told them $200.00 and charged them $400.00. They think I am trying to pull a fast one on them.

I have always felt that I can explain anything to anybody but I could not make this simple enough. I think part of it was that the guy had gotten mad at this point and the biggest part was that he was an idiot. Days like this want to make me give up on people as a whole.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    [QUOTE=Mizikal;434587

I have always felt that I can explain anything to anybody but I could not make this simple enough. I think part of it was that the guy had gotten mad at this point and the biggest part was that he was an idiot. Days like this want to make me give up on people as a whole.[/QUOTE]

2 days ago I had a nurse as a patient. I brought her back in the exam room for a DFE. She sits down, and this was our conversation:

ME: "Ok, go ahead and take off your glasses, I'm going to look inside your eyes"
    NURSE: "They're off"
    ME: "Go ahead, you can take them off"
    NURSE: "I told you they are off..." (The glasses are clearly on her face, in front of her eyes)
    ME: "Are you sure?"
    NURSE: "I TOLD YOU, they're off"

So I give her a glancing look...she reaches up and...low and behold she finds her glasses on her face. She did not utter a sound for the DFE and the conclusion of the findings from the exam after that one...

Until I became an optometrist, and interacted with so much of the "public" on a daily basis, I never realized how dull most of the "tools in the shed" are...

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by OHPNTZ View Post
    2 days ago I had a nurse as a patient. I brought her back in the exam room for a DFE. She sits down, and this was our conversation:

ME: "Ok, go ahead and take off your glasses, I'm going to look inside your eyes"
    NURSE: "They're off"
    ME: "Go ahead, you can take them off"
    NURSE: "I told you they are off..." (The glasses are clearly on her face, in front of her eyes)
    ME: "Are you sure?"
    NURSE: "I TOLD YOU, they're off"

So I give her a glancing look...she reaches up and...low and behold she finds her glasses on her face. She did not utter a sound for the DFE and the conclusion of the findings from the exam after that one...

Until I became an optometrist, and interacted with so much of the "public" on a daily basis, I never realized how dull most of the "tools in the shed" are...
    Now THAT's a good spec fit, if she didn't notice they were on, heeeee! :)

Personally I love taking patients into the exam room, "Have a seat in the exam chair." says I. All too often patient will ask, "where?" (or they point to exam chair) "this one?" etc. Keep in mind the only other furniture in the room is the docs stool and some side seating waaay over in the corner. This along with the at least two patients a week we see for contact checks who claim to not know they were supposed to actually WEAR the lenses to the appointment, keep me questioning my own sanity sometimes.

Oh and Mizikal, we get the same questions about the separate charges for two lenses on the receipt, no matter how we try to explain that sometimes you only need to order one.

Banned
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Easy, US people usually do silly things.

Thread Information