Thread: New facebook page for our office.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

New facebook page for our office.

Hello, how is everyone today?

I am a newer lab technician after switching career fields, going to school to become an O.D. I also recently took on the challenge of attempting to revive the marketing at our office. I've sat down with our doctor and we have a game plan in place, but the hardest part is getting it off the ground. We are in an outstanding location, but in the past the business has just sufficed with business that just walks through the door. I want to change the demographic of our typical walk-in and bring in a lot of high dollar patients for our doctor, we have a fair amount. I just feel with our location we could be pulling in so many more. We created a facebook here recently and we've been trying to market it out and once we began to establish a good number of followers we plan on running a lot of contents giveaways, discounts on our next purchase etc. We'd love to get some optical support as well! So if any of you would be so kind as to like our facebook page we'd greatly appreciate it. www.facebook.com/FantEyeCare

Additionally if anyone has any great ideas for improvements or promotions feel free to add your 2 cents. We feel we have a great strategy in place as of now, but we are always looking to improve. Again thank you for your time, have a great day.

Dave

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    put together a picture of your top frames and put that on there, list some brand names that you carry as well....there is nothing on the page that makes me want to come and buy from you. I also take some before and after pictures of my patients, with their permission of course and that seems to have a wow factor....I hear all the time, I want the glasses the girl on your facebook page has....other than that it looks great. Office looks super :) hope this helps u some

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by normuck View Post
    put together a picture of your top frames and put that on there, list some brand names that you carry as well....there is nothing on the page that makes me want to come and buy from you. I also take some before and after pictures of my patients, with their permission of course and that seems to have a wow factor....I hear all the time, I want the glasses the girl on your facebook page has....other than that it looks great. Office looks super :) hope this helps u some
    Thank you, I appreciate the response. We seem to be on the same page, we actually have a friend of our optical manager coming in that's slowly taking photos of our top frames and lines on the weekends. After it's all said and done we basically want to have a virtual show room of all of our glasses on there.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We are currently running several promotions that involve our facebook page. My favorite is an Ugly Glasses contest. Post a pic of yourself in your ugliest glasses for a chance to win a gift certificate towards eyewear. :)

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We once did a contest with most inventive home repair.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter SharonB's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jmainwar View Post
    We once did a contest with most inventive home repair.
    Ouch! They will put tooth picks in the temples, and crazy glue everywhere! Both major nonos. However, those "inventive" home repairs will bring in some bucks! I have seen temples sewn together with thread (not too bad), twist ties, and even (I kid you not) panty hose. I have also seen scratched lenses attacked with automotive polishing compound. I didn't mean to hijack this thread.... but this could go on and on!
    Lost and confused in an optical wonderland!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by normuck View Post
    Great advice Normuck.
    I may use the before/after shots but some people are so finicky about photos of themselves. I know I am.

Dave, it may not be your ballywick but we have a Pinterest account and a Polyvore account. I manage these along with our Facebook page. The Pinterest account is a fun way to accumulate information regarding eye health and fashionable frames. The Polyvore account is a way for me to pretend to be the graphic designer I could have been if I finished art school- it's a creative way to showcase frames as an item of fashion.

We limit our Facebook posts to three times a week; Monday is eye health day, Wednesday is
    Polyvore fashion day, and Friday is eye-related funny stuff. We don't want to overwhelm our "fans" with dry information or constant goofiness.
    "Strictly speaking, there are no enlightened beings; only enlightened activity." -Shunryu Suzuki

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    It is a good idea to create a facebook homepage. However, the important thing is to update it everyday with interesting content instead of only posting discounts. As I know, Facebook is a place mostly to get fun.
    Happy work at eyeglasses online store!http://www.*************.com

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Great advice all-around. Thanks everyone for responding to the thread, I greatly appreciate it. Some great tips.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Two posts a day is the sweet spot, not too annoying to the majority, but enough that it will be seen. The average user has over 200 friends, making it easy for things to get buried under the multitude of posts.

Rising Star
    Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Good Step Dave.........I started Using Facebook for 10 Months now & Now To The Date am getting Referals quit often ( mostly by already Customers ).
    Our Plan is ,While Recording Customer Personal Info's ( Name, Date Of birth Tel Number etc. ) we Mendatory Ask if they use Facebook / Twitter A/C ? (Everybody Has )......And then we ask ,''If they would like to be Updated about EYECARE ,Latest arrivals,Special Offers ? If They Say YES.........we send them Friend Request .
    Once ADDED...........we update them on regular basis about thier Due date for Lenses ,next Exam & EYECARE INFO of their Interest & Provide Special Discounts If They Refer atleast 5 Clients...........It Works !

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    This is right up my alley. Not only am I working on marketing for two optical companies - check out our Eyeglasses Buffalo site(as part of my job), but my husband is a Chiropractor with his own practice, so when I have time I do some work for him. Facebook has been huge for these companies. I will tell you though that we recently attempted a Ray Ban giveaway contest to increase our "likes" - we were giving away a pair of Ray Bans every week for 7 weeks, all people had to do was like our page to be entered. It was very unsuccessful, I don't recommend this!
    We post articles to our blog about twice a week and then include a link to the blog article on our facebook page. The blogs are on just basic stuff: eye disorders, latest trends in eyeglass frames, that kind of thing. It's important to be incorporating keyword phrases and tags on these articles though.

My husband's business has had some success since we have linked an online scheduler (we use acuityscheduling.com - it's free), so that his patients can schedule online without picking up a phone. In our digital age we are become too lazy to make phone calls... I'm guilty as well. Good luck with everything!

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Now that I have 'liked' your pages, you can 'like' mine in return. http://www.facebook.com/AngelOptical/info

We have frames, lenses, equipment, updates in eye health and care, the Dalai Lama, recipes, and...........

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    All the labs that liked me, I returned the like with my company page as well as my personal page. I appreciate it!! I will return the favor moving forward as well to anyone else that likes. Thanks!

Thread Information