Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Varilux S Series

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Does the Varilux S-4D use all "eye code" measurements including ceter of eye rotation

Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    That is going to depend on 2 things, both outside your control. The amount of RX change they have, and their previous Progressive... The larger of the first, and the older the second, the better any new lens will appear.
    This may not be the best place to ask this question (please suggest where if not) but I (a consumer) am confused by Essilor's web site. They focus a lot on "eye code" lenses and pitch measurements taken by Visioffice that allows them to calculate the center of rotation of each eye but it isn't clear if the S-4D is an "eye code" lens using those measurements.

I want lenses that include allowances for different centers of rotation if possible. Reason: My opthalmologist (now retired) added a prism to my prescription awhile back but in a later exam discovered I did not need it. My theory is that mistake "may have" been caused by a difference in the center of rotation of my eyes. Of course I don't know that, but when I got the Physio lenses I now have (about 6 years ago) they were the first lenses I've ever had (I'm 68 and started wearing progressives in my 40's) where both eyes were in perfect focus. With previous lenses to achieve perfect focus I'd have to shut one eye and move to the spot of perfect focus and then repeat with the opposite eye and it was a differenet spot for each eye for near vision like a computer monitor which I use about 8 hours a day.

My current prescription is:
    Distance:
    Right: + 3.25 Sphere, - 1.5 Cylinder, 090 axis
    Left: +4.00 Sphere, -.50 Cylinder, 095 axis

Near:
    R and L: +2.25

This prescription hasn't changed much in the past 6 years but when i saw the "eye code" technology on the Essilor website I immediately wanted it (probably because I am an engineer) and I've waited thinking it would be avaialbel but not even practices with the Visioffice system in Columbia, SC are offering any eye-code lenses or S-4D. The closest is Greenville, SC about 100 miles away and not very convenient. Are "eye code" lenses still available? Like a Physio 360 "eye code" lens? Or does the S-4D include replace them and use the eye code data and employ adjustments for center of rotation, etc?

Clearly I am confused and need advice and hope one of you experts will be kind enough to guide me. A private message is fine if this isn't something you feel should be on the optiboard.

Thanks in advance,
    Nick

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJohnson2008 View Post
    This may not be the best place to ask this question (please suggest where if not) but I (a consumer) am confused by Essilor's web site. They focus a lot on "eye code" lenses and pitch measurements taken by Visioffice that allows them to calculate the center of rotation of each eye but it isn't clear if the S-4D is an "eye code" lens using those measurements.

I want lenses that include allowances for different centers of rotation if possible. Reason: My opthalmologist (now retired) added a prism to my prescription awhile back but in a later exam discovered I did not need it. My theory is that mistake "may have" been caused by a difference in the center of rotation of my eyes. Of course I don't know that, but when I got the Physio lenses I now have (about 6 years ago) they were the first lenses I've ever had (I'm 68 and started wearing progressives in my 40's) where both eyes were in perfect focus. With previous lenses to achieve perfect focus I'd have to shut one eye and move to the spot of perfect focus and then repeat with the opposite eye and it was a differenet spot for each eye for near vision like a computer monitor which I use about 8 hours a day.

My current prescription is:
    Distance:
    Right: + 3.25 Sphere, - 1.5 Cylinder, 090 axis
    Left: +4.00 Sphere, -.50 Cylinder, 095 axis

Near:
    R and L: +2.25

This prescription hasn't changed much in the past 6 years but when i saw the "eye code" technology on the Essilor website I immediately wanted it (probably because I am an engineer) and I've waited thinking it would be avaialbel but not even practices with the Visioffice system in Columbia, SC are offering any eye-code lenses or S-4D. The closest is Greenville, SC about 100 miles away and not very convenient. Are "eye code" lenses still available? Like a Physio 360 "eye code" lens? Or does the S-4D include replace them and use the eye code data and employ adjustments for center of rotation, etc?

Clearly I am confused and need advice and hope one of you experts will be kind enough to guide me. A private message is fine if this isn't something you feel should be on the optiboard.

Thanks in advance,
    Nick
    Consumers are not allowed to post here except for Just Conversation.
    Visit a eye care professional near you.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The technology exists with VisioOffice to account for centre of rotation, eye dominance, facial wrap, pantoscoptic tilt, and vertex distance

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfnorth View Post
    Consumers are not allowed to post here except for Just Conversation.
    Visit a eye care professional near you.
    Sorry, the closest practice which offers Varilux S-4D is 100 miles away even though I live in Columbia, SC - our capitol city - which is why i posted here when I saw the discussion on Varilux 4D. Is there a different forum that I can ask these questions in? Thanks and I apologize again.

OptiBoard Moron newguyaroundhere's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by NickJohnson2008 View Post
    Sorry, the closest practice which offers Varilux S-4D is 100 miles away even though I live in Columbia, SC - our capitol city - which is why i posted here when I saw the discussion on Varilux 4D. Is there a different forum that I can ask these questions in? Thanks and I apologize again.
    Please see this thread as to why consumers are restricted from posting in any other forum than the Just Conversation forum. http://www.optiboard.com/forums/show...-and-OptiBoard

Thread Information