Thread: It's happening again

Independent Problem Optiholic edKENdance's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

It's happening again

Around Xmas I had an abnormal number of people come in with visual adaption problems to new frames and lenses that were solved with simple adjustments to face form. Now I'm having an abnormally large number of clients having issues adapting to progressive lenses. The complaint? Lack of peripheral vision. The progressive type? All different. The only thing that these people have in common are insignificant prescription changes to distance and a small bump in add. All of them are wearing more current lens designs then they were previously. The one that is stumping me the most is a lady who was wearing an AO Compact with a pd about 2 mm too narrow in each eye . How could I possibly go wrong putting her into a newer lens design?!?! None of them have any other complaints about their progressives. Help?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Darryl wrote an excellent trouble shooting article http://www.opticampus.com/files/prog...dispensing.pdf Scan down to the Periheral trouble shooting section. Keep in mind that if you switched the patient from non- free form to a file point technology free form then the curves have changed the peripheral .

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by idispense View Post
    Darryl wrote an excellent trouble shooting article http://www.opticampus.com/files/prog...dispensing.pdf Scan down to the Periheral trouble shooting section. Keep in mind that if you switched the patient from non- free form to a file point technology free form then the curves have changed the peripheral .
    That is exceptionally well done (as expected). Thanks!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I find that when I dig a little deeper my people that go from a really old pal into a new type are changing back between glasses when it becomes to hard to wear them. If they are in a really old lens bumping them up to "not as new" helps and then work them into the better pals. It's like going from a BLack and White TV to an HD TV and seeing just how bad the people really do look.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by B101875 View Post
    I find that when I dig a little deeper my people that go from a really old pal into a new type are changing back between glasses when it becomes to hard to wear them. If they are in a really old lens bumping them up to "not as new" helps and then work them into the better pals. It's like going from a BLack and White TV to an HD TV and seeing just how bad the people really do look.
    She's definitely switching back to her old pair. She comes back from vacation sometime next week. I've specifically told her not to use her old pair. We'll see how it goes.

Thread Information