Today I had an interesting conversation with a lens company, who shall remain nameless at this time. (I will say they are big, well known, and you all probably use their products daily)

We sent a job to one of their labs because although we could have surfaced the lens here, we could not do the A.R. that was requested. I get a call from them a few hours later and they tell me. This material for this particular lens does not come in transitions, it doesn't exist. This immediately struck me as funny because at that very moment I was holding that said lens in that material in my hand, and believe you me, it was transitional. I argued with her for a minute telling her that the box that was in my hand had their company name on it and everything. Seeing no way to convince her otherwise, I cancelled the job and sent it to their sister lab who is most times more capable of getting things done.

Once again, a few minutes later I get the same, "It doesn't exist" phone call. We talked about it for a minute, and after some checking around he discovered that it did, indeed, exist! The catch? they are not allowed to do that certain lens in their labs.......WHAAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I really don't understand how this big bad lens company cannot process one of their OWN lenses, and my little 300 jobs on a good day lab can, and has done for quite some time now.

Solution-From now on, I will continue to process this lens in my own little lab, and notify accounts the A.R. will have to be a specific one that we have the capabilities to produce. I don't know if any one else has had a similar situation, but good grief that is frustrating!!!!!!!!