Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CCEPro

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

CCEPro

Please my fellow Opticians read the latest CCEPro news letter that was sent to the Ottawa members of parliment speaking out against Coastal Contacts. Please write to your provincial colleges and associations asking them to join in this fight. If Ontario loses this war our careers accross the country are gone. Lets all give a voice. Please become a CCEPro member. It free to join. Every member that joins gives CCEPro a stronger voice in their united fight to enforce the standards of all eyecare professionals and stop illegal Internet Dispensing.
    Ask yourself this question "Who else is fighting for you?"
    Where is the cry of protest from OAC and NACOR?
    I heard that OAC got one cease and desist letter from Coastal and they back down. Where is their courage for Opticians? Or was this all just a show to make us think they are against illegal internet sale? The reason I question this is that in our last CE lead by OAC we were being educated on how to sale on the internet. So of course I question if there is really any heart in OAC to stop illegal internet sales. With a million $ yearly budget and more in reserve just think about what OAC could really do if they had their heart in it. Look at what CCEPro is doing and it is just getting started.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by inside out View Post
    Please my fellow Opticians read the latest CCEPro news letter that was sent to the Ottawa members of parliment speaking out against Coastal Contacts. Please write to your provincial colleges and associations asking them to join in this fight. If Ontario loses this war our careers accross the country are gone. Lets all give a voice. Please become a CCEPro member. It free to join. Every member that joins gives CCEPro a stronger voice in their united fight to enforce the standards of all eyecare professionals and stop illegal Internet Dispensing.
    Ask yourself this question "Who else is fighting for you?"
    Where is the cry of protest from OAC and NACOR?
    I heard that OAC got one cease and desist letter from Coastal and they back down. Where is their courage for Opticians? Or was this all just a show to make us think they are against illegal internet sale? The reason I question this is that in our last CE lead by OAC we were being educated on how to sale on the internet. So of course I question if there is really any heart in OAC to stop illegal internet sales. With a million $ yearly budget and more in reserve just think about what OAC could really do if they had their heart in it. Look at what CCEPro is doing and it is just getting started.
    Here's the some causes reasons for the lack of action/interest:

1. These organizations are supported financially from the same companies that supply CC - aka 'shut up and put up' funds. They don't have a heart and turn a blind eye to what's currently happening for good reason. So, naturally you will not receive a response from any of them.

2. The bigger issue at hand lies within its own members. Banding together or collaborating as a group is an impossible feat - everyone *****es but nobody wants to stand up and challenge it. Opticians are one of the most divided professional groups that exist - sorry, but it's a fact and shows in its lack of support for membership in its own association where enrollment is embarassing low, yet they expect the OAC to stand up for them and fight??

3. Lastly, posts of such on this forum get read or noticed by less than 1% of the entire Canadian conglomerate (no disrespect to OB). It would be nice to see the Canadian Forum be packed with numerous positive posts for a change by hundreds of of the optical industry brethren, instead of the pessimistic posts of beating a dead horse.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Read the ORNGE affair , do the research look at the crossovers .

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Cut the funds off. Protesting to them won't work. Protest at them instead.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Well all I can say is that Ont Opticians are far more aware of the threats to our profession than the west appears to be. At least that is the feed by I am getting from speaking with Opticians in the various provinces. To say thing are hopelss because traditionally we are divided among ourselves appears to be defeated thinking. Maybe the reason that Optician do not rally behind something is that the leadership of these national bodies is self serving and their are the opposite of transparent. Maybe the division among Opticians is by the design. Maybe the division between Opticians and Optometrists is by design. Maybe is all a distraction for us while are profession is pulled out from under us. I believe in the grassroots Optician. Give them courageous leadership with full disclosure of all actives and show them you are working in their behalf. Volunteer!!! as I have. Give back with your time and expense to this profession that have taken care of us. I believe when Opticians have that leadership they will stand by that group. Its not about big salary for directors or chairspersons. Its about saving a profession. From all my discussions with the board of directors of CCEPro this is their approach. Grassroots, Courage, and Transparency. That has not been my experience with OAC. Believe me I tried very hard to correct their wrong direction from within. After clearly stating my concerns for all boards members to hear I was not given support to make any of the needed changes. Behind the scenes there were those of the board that supported me. But at the meetings they were silent. So I got say I really tried. It became obvious to me that the executive of OAC did not want those changes. I making decisions we were told by the executive director that it was OAC first your province second. My personal belief is that is backwards. The concept of a national body is to serve the members not the members to serve them. CCEPro has no aggressive hidden agenda to control the provinces. It has no power or fund grab from Opticians. It does not have undisclosed partnerships. Membership is free. It post all it letters on their website for all to see. All it members are listed for every one to see. In the future all it funding will be there for all to see. What you wont see is all their volunteer time and travel expenses that they give open handedly. When everything is so transparent government will see that this truely is an honest and united voice for all ECP's. CCEPro is are last best chance.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by eyemanflying View Post
    Here's the some causes reasons for the lack of action/interest:

1. These organizations are supported financially from the same companies that supply CC - aka 'shut up and put up' funds. They don't have a heart and turn a blind eye to what's currently happening for good reason. So, naturally you will not receive a response from any of them.

2. The bigger issue at hand lies within its own members. Banding together or collaborating as a group is an impossible feat - everyone *****es but nobody wants to stand up and challenge it. Opticians are one of the most divided professional groups that exist - sorry, but it's a fact and shows in its lack of support for membership in its own association where enrollment is embarassing low, yet they expect the OAC to stand up for them and fight??

3. Lastly, posts of such on this forum get read or noticed by less than 1% of the entire Canadian conglomerate (no disrespect to OB). It would be nice to see the Canadian Forum be packed with numerous positive posts for a change by hundreds of of the optical industry brethren, instead of the pessimistic posts of beating a dead horse.
    I all my posts I list my actions. They are not just words. In so doing I recommend a course of action only after I have done so myself. I am a CCEPro member. Who will join? I have encouraged my college to write letters of protest against illegal internet sales. I have spoken out publicly. I volunteer many hours a week. I have call my government. There fore I encourage others to do the same. I

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Did your College take any action ? I would guess that you got a cold shoulder instead.

Occupation
    Let's close this thread already please. It's like Groundhog Day with Bill Murray.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    agreed eyeman. flying that airplane & enjoying the horizon would be more relaxing. did you ever learn aerobatics ?

Occupation
    No sir, - experience enough of that within our industry.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You must have practised at least some some rolls , spins , stalls , spirals ? Maybe some under the hood work ? Ever fly a Weco biplane with a Shaky Jake ? The sound of that machine purring in the wind .... a little left rudder , some right ... zig zagging across the tarmac , feeding power in , some aileron to lower the nose and raise the tail , gaining more speeed and slowly pulling the stick back into your gut , then freedom climbing out over the edge of the runway just as the runway ended at the edge of the cliff , but you are airborne , it doesn't matter ...

Until you realize you dropped your PALS and can't see the insturment panel
    Last edited by idispense; 04-26-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No sir, - experience enough of that within our industry.

You seem negative flying eyemanflying. Trying to close things down before it is thoroughly checked out seems suspect to me. Do you work for Coastal? Or maybe another agency in support of them? This sounds like the responses I got from OAC. Saying we can do nothing to stop it. To answer idispense so far there is no reply from my college. I have gotten more assurance in talking to the Ontario college. Apparently Quebec thinks they have a chance. They are currently taking Coastal to court over juristiction. If they win I hear Ontario will be next. If I live, I live to fight again. If I die, it was worth dying for. At least I will not be the one that sat back and just watched it happen. If we all felt the same we would win this battle. I find it amazing that if just 1% is listening to my words on OB that I hear so many conversation about my thoughts among Optician accross the country. Realize your thoughts our just you thoughts not everyones. More are reading this board than you can track. Also this is not the only place I speak or write on. You are more than welcome to choose another thread to comment on or for that matter start a new thread listing all the things your doing to help Opticians. It is easy to put other persons actions down. It is quite another thing to actually put forth your own efforts. If your are going to just watch from the sidelines the least you could do is cheer. Stay below 10,000 feet ASL.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I joined CCEPro yesterday.

Regards,
    Golfnorth

P.S. I'm in as long as we don't go on strike and rush the parliament buildings lol

Occupation
    You seem negative flying eyemanflying. Trying to close things down before it is thoroughly checked out seems suspect to me. Do you work for Coastal? Or maybe another agency in support of them? This sounds like the responses I got from OAC. Saying we can do nothing to stop it. To answer idispense so far there is no reply from my college. I have gotten more assurance in talking to the Ontario college. Apparently Quebec thinks they have a chance. They are currently taking Coastal to court over juristiction. If they win I hear Ontario will be next. If I live, I live to fight again. If I die, it was worth dying for. At least I will not be the one that sat back and just watched it happen. If we all felt the same we would win this battle. I find it amazing that if just 1% is listening to my words on OB that I hear so many conversation about my thoughts among Optician accross the country. Realize your thoughts our just you thoughts not everyones. More are reading this board than you can track. Also this is not the only place I speak or write on. You are more than welcome to choose another thread to comment on or for that matter start a new thread listing all the things your doing to help Opticians. It is easy to put other persons actions down. It is quite another thing to actually put forth your own efforts. If your are going to just watch from the sidelines the least you could do is cheer. Stay below 10,000 feet ASL.
    Negative no, realistic yes.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    welcome to the team. Spread the word. Tell more of your colleages what CCEPro is doing. The more united ECP's can be in their voice to government the more they will have to hear. The war among the O's is a divertion tactic. That was the mistake of BC. If Government can see that we have one clear voice among all ECP's to get our standards for public protection they will listen. What all Optician and Optometrists need to do now is to send in case reports of illegal dispensing causing public harm. These should be sent to CCEPro so that they can present evidence to government.
    I would like to know who holds the liablity for insurance companies when someone is injured because the person was given improper correction. We have CSA standards for safety glasses. Should that not include the biggest safety feature of all? Certifying by a licensed ECP that this is the correct prescription. Would that not be their biggest safety feature of all? insuring that they can see? We need to write to all the insurance companies. There are issues with commercial pilots, bus and taxi drivers. What about govt own auto insurance and when it registered on your drivers license that you need to be wearing your correction. Who insures that correction is right. What license stands liable for thoses glasses purchased from the internet? There is no quality control in place. As is mention in the CCEPro letter there is no check that the prescription typed in the internet boxes are even issued from a licenced refractor. They could be just self prescribing. These are all some of the tunnels we can dig as inroads to defeat illegal internet dispensing.
    Dont be afraid to call any of the CCEPro board of directors. They will be please to hear from you and you will encourage them that the army is growing.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Negative no, realistic yes.
    I thought I told you to stay below 10 000 ft ASL. The air get a little thin up there and O2 levels drop. After a half hr your judgement gets a little off. The first to go is vision. First is the color vision the it goes to tunnel vision. It seem you have gone to the tunnel vision stage. The best Pilots never crash without a fight. Even when they are in a power on stall spin.

Occupation
    I thought I told you to stay below 10 000 ft ASL. The air get a little thin up there and O2 levels drop. After a half hr your judgement gets a little off. The first to go is vision. First is the color vision the it goes to tunnel vision. It seem you have gone to the tunnel vision stage. The best Pilots never crash without a fight. Even when they are in a power on stall spin.
    O2 tanks - it's a wonderful thing. Good for up to 45 mins at 13,000 without.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have seen them listed on skygeeks cheap. I think your empty.

Occupation
    I have seen them listed on skygeeks cheap. I think your empty.
    Ahhh, so it is now officially confirmed! - the correlation between yourself and that website. Make sure you outfit your army of one for the battle.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    You mean I am the only one against illegal internet sales? Ok if that is your reality. Oh by the way I just heard Coastal lost their appeal in Quebec. Sometimes it only takes one to stand for others to join. Who is a proud of being an Optician and would like to see the profession raised up? Behind scenes there is much support and pride in Opticians. It is sad that tactics like the one you have just demostrated have been allowed to hurt the profession for so long. If I am to belief by your comments that you are on the side of illegal internet dispensing then I thank you for showing your true colors for all to see on Optiboard. Start a new threat telling the reasons why we should all give up our licences and stop fighting illegal internet sales.

Occupation
    You mean I am the only one against illegal internet sales? Ok if that is your reality. Oh by the way I just heard Coastal lost their appeal in Quebec. Sometimes it only takes one to stand for others to join. Who is a proud of being an Optician and would like to see the profession raised up? Behind scenes there is much support and pride in Opticians. It is sad that tactics like the one you have just demostrated have been allowed to hurt the profession for so long. If I am to belief by your comments that you are on the side of illegal internet dispensing then I thank you for showing your true colors for all to see on Optiboard. Start a new threat telling the reasons why we should all give up our licences and stop fighting illegal internet sales.
    So sensitive, delusional and assuming you are - not a good combination for attempting to rally and lead a group into battle.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    your aggressive words are all too familiar tacts. You didnot answer any of the concerns and you use school name calling in an attempt to silence truth. You betray our profession. Your wings are drooping. Maybe coastal has a job for you. Nice try but junior high is long over. But thanks I needed to laugh. Your welcome to add your comic relief to any of my posts.

Occupation
    your aggressive words are all too familiar tacts. You didnot answer any of the concerns and you use school name calling in an attempt to silence truth. You betray our profession. Your wings are drooping. Maybe coastal has a job for you. Nice try but junior high is long over. But thanks I needed to laugh. Your welcome to add your comic relief to any of my posts.
    Sensitive and delusional are aggressive tactics??? BC mary-jane can tend to do that to a person.

I'm appearing until next Thursday! Try the veal!

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Again with the charactor assasination tactics. Although I did witnessed a group of OCC board members indulging in that practice after meetings one evening in their hotel room. I was shocked and left the room. At least we know not to take you seriously. Make sure your not on anything mind altering when you fly. Its the last 50ft from the ground that kills you. I wish you well

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Again with the charactor assasination tactics. Although I did witnessed a group of OCC board members indulging in that practice after meetings one evening in their hotel room. I was shocked and left the room. At least we know not to take you seriously. Make sure your not on anything mind altering when you fly. Its the last 50ft from the ground that kills you. I wish you well
    I have a question.....OP. Who is CCEPRO?

O.K., you two can go back to playing "Snoopy and the Red Baron".......................

Thread Information