Thread: Definitely a first!!!!!!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Definitely a first!!!!!!

While reading a pair of glasses for a patient this morning, I witnessed a first. My first male patient rocking out some crystals on his glasses.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have a pt that has crystals on his frame. But he also has a Cup Cake business and has to bumb fists ever time he sees me. LOL CI

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have one where his Wife picked out his glasses, A Pair of Gucci Frames that is not of the "Male" Gucci's, but the Female Gucci Series that has crystals on the temples.

And HE'S PROUD OF THEM!?!?!?!?

He talks to everyone about them.

He's a kept man, so his wife makes all the decisions. I guess she thought it would be funny to put him in a woman's frame LOL
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    ~ Mark Twain ~

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I know one that wears a men's Swarovski, from when Silhouette made them. His old pair was a Fred with stones. He's always irritated that there aren't more men's styles with stones. He's a 60 something business man. His wife wears sporty Maui's, Makaha I think, lol.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Or how about the women that come in and buy the mens big Avator frames and then say how do these make me look. What do you say?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by B101875 View Post
    Or how about the women that come in and buy the mens big Avator frames and then say how do these make me look. What do you say?
    That's very fashionable right now. (Notice no comment on how it looked on them.) If it's flat out hideous, I say so.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    aviator suns? fine. Aviators with clear lenses. No way. Not from me. Every once in awhile I get a woman sit down and say, "How do these look?" You can tell she has to clue, and is very uncomfortable. So I straight up tell her they look gross, and we look for something different. I've never actually had a woman want an aviator. Now if the wayfarer look...that's another question.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Ya, I know for the younger girls they like to wear them. But I mean the women that play on the same team if you get what I mean. I do tell people who they look in thier frames.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by B101875 View Post
    Ya, I know for the younger girls they like to wear them. But I mean the women that play on the same team if you get what I mean. I do tell people who they look in thier frames.
    Do they wear matching jerseys?

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We carry clear avaiators in blue, red, and pink. The teenage girls love them...at first, then they come back and buy a big Geek Chic frame...then it gets too heavy, and they buy something "normal".
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've got a spiffy pair of Harry Winston bedazzled specs that I rock out with at times down at the Stumble Inn!

I dig 'em!!

I'm man enough to roll with some fru fru!! Heck, I wear leather chaps and frilly blouses at rendezvous, I can wear anything!

Last edited by Fezz; 04-11-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
    He's a kept man, so his wife makes all the decisions. I guess she thought it would be funny to put him in a woman's frame LOL
    I wish someone could keep me, I would wear foo-fool glasses if that is what it took.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fezz View Post
    I've got a spiffy pair of Harry Winston bedazzled specs that I rock out with at times down at the Stumble Inn!

I dig 'em!!

I'm man enough to roll with some fru fru!! Heck, I wear leather chaps and frilly blouses at rendezvous, I can wear anything!
    Sorry Fezz, the color this spring is Mint. Get with it man, cobalt blue is so 2011.

Thread Information