Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeiss I-terminal

Worth it or not?

Hopefully some fellow opticians who actually have the device will give more insight if it's worth it or not.

All others are more than welcome to put in their two cents.

I loved mine....by the way I am old school...If I thought it was off, I'd remeasure in a heartbeat...Patients thought it was great...newbies thought it was great because when teaching proper seg heights/pds they actually could see when they were off and we coudl discuss what to do....love the pictures

Christina

Comment

Originally posted by fvc2020 View Post
      I loved mine....by the way I am old school...If I thought it was off, I'd remeasure in a heartbeat...Patients thought it was great...newbies thought it was great because when teaching proper seg heights/pds they actually could see when they were off and we coudl discuss what to do....love the pictures

Christina
      If you can *see* where you're "off" with a Digital centration device, you should be able to see the same visually w/o the device.

Period.

B

Comment

I actually don't like the iTerminal. We have had one for over a year and I have honestly only used it a handful of times. I even adjust the measurements on screen and they still came back high most of the time. Fellow co workers were having the same problem, it is just easier to take the seg manually. Also, the iTerminal doesn't connect directly to our dispensing system so it is a pain on a busy day to move a patient and risk losing your seat or having to kick someone out of your seat. Good old marker and pd stick work great in my opinion.

Comment

Looking to purchase a used I. Terminal or optikam or the like. Please PM me if you know of one.

Comment

Using I-Terminal here, like it and most important it impressed your patient if you are doing higher end product. at least they can appreciate the process.

have tried Essilor Visi-office as well. i think all these digital dispensing equipment are great depend how the package they offer to you.

if you plan to get a used set make sure they have proper technical and training support. all the best.
            Yeap

Comment

LLano, If you are still in need of a used Optikam either call me at my office 732-350-1900 or e-mail me at opticianjw@msn.com

Comment

Interested. Mbmcneill7@gmail.com

Comment

There were several for sale on ebay a few months back.

Comment

Amen.

Comment

I have an ITerminal 2 for sale! Call or text me 817-266-4766 William Aston O.D.

Comment

Working...
                      X