Thread: We all wear glasses in patients' eyes?

Banned
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Redhot Jumper We all wear glasses in patients' eyes?

3 PM yesterday, I got a 8-year-old little girl who came with her mom. She was so curious that I don't have glasses. Here's her theory: If you don't wear glasses, how can you correct mine? Here's my answer: I got contacts.

What's your answer for her? Did you ever meet such a thing? People think we all should wear glasses?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It does give you empathy creds...

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    ...you also can't showcase the products you sell.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter Judy Canty's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Why are you promoting an online retailer in your signature line??

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I wear glasses, not contacts, on the job, as does everyone on the dispensary side of my practice. I've worked for offices where everyone who sold or dispensed glasses was required to wear glasses, even if it meant wearing plano lenses (these were obviously comped by the owner).

It's not that you can't sell them if you don't wear them, but it certainly helps. It's much more effective for me to demonstrate the benefits of high-index, anti-reflective, and/or photochromic lenses by taking them off my face than by pulling out some piece of Essilor POP propaganda.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm pretty much all glasses, all the time. I try very hard to wear a different pair every day, and my patients definitely notice. I especially try to wear the loudest frames I can. I feel it's a lot easier to suggest mildly wild frames to a patient if I'm wearing the full on crazy pair myself. Plus, as you all probably know by now, I'm all for the most sparkles possible. I swear, some day, I'm going to save my pennies, fly down and see Craig, and get one of those Maybach frames .

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by optilady1 View Post
    I'm pretty much all glasses, all the time. I try very hard to wear a different pair every day, and my patients definitely notice. I especially try to wear the loudest frames I can. I feel it's a lot easier to suggest mildly wild frames to a patient if I'm wearing the full on crazy pair myself. Plus, as you all probably know by now, I'm all for the most sparkles possible. I swear, some day, I'm going to save my pennies, fly down and see Craig, and get one of those Maybach frames .
    Absolutely +1.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    [QUOTE=optilady1;418649]I'm pretty much all glasses, all the time. I try very hard to wear a different pair every day, and my patients definitely notice. I especially try to wear the loudest frames I can. I feel it's a lot easier to suggest mildly wild frames to a patient if I'm wearing the full on crazy pair myself. Plus, as you all probably know by now, I'm all for the most sparkles possible. I swear, some day, I'm going to save my pennies, fly down and see Craig, and get one of those Maybach frames .[/QU
    Gotta rotate the daily

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter Java99's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by optilady1 View Post
    That's how it should be!

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    18 pairs.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Why are you promoting an online retailer in your signature line??....................

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousCat View Post

Why are you promoting an online retailer in your signature line??

Cat..............sharp vision and attention

The Statistics Summary for missunlight.com for the online optical has an Alexa ranking of 2,697,374 which is not among the most and best known but still not a bad one.
    Maybe you should not chase him away, maybe a good discusiion would be more appreciated.

Prescription glasses

We value your eyesight at www.misssunlight.com . From now on you don’t need to pay hundreds of pounds at high street optical stores. At Misssunlight.com we offer you prescription glasses with reasonable price and top quality.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    missunlight.com all frames $10 bucks. I am sure they will last forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever ever ever ever. Oh boy ;-)

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by B101875 View Post
    18 pairs.
    32. I rotate through the 15-20 most recent at work.

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Hi..I would like to ask a question. :) I wanted to ask this from my doctor but he knows little english. It's hard being new in an arab country and to make things worse i don't know if i need to purchase the prescription glasses he recommended. My prescription are as follows:
    Right Eye
    Sph- (blank)
    Cyl- -0.50
    Ax- 170

Left Eye
    Sph- (blank)
    Cyl- -0.50
    Ax- 40

He didn't said much but if he did I wouldn't understand anyway. Is this a strong prescription? Can I live without it? Please tell me everything you can make out of this prescription. Every bit of information counts. Hoping that you'll post an answer to my question. Thank you very much. :)

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter SharonB's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by whattodo View Post
    Hi..I would like to ask a question. :) I wanted to ask this from my doctor but he knows little english. It's hard being new in an arab country and to make things worse i don't know if i need to purchase the prescription glasses he recommended. My prescription are as follows:
    Right Eye
    Sph- (blank)
    Cyl- -0.50
    Ax- 170

Left Eye
    Sph- (blank)
    Cyl- -0.50
    Ax- 40

He didn't said much but if he did I wouldn't understand anyway. Is this a strong prescription? Can I live without it? Please tell me everything you can make out of this prescription. Every bit of information counts. Hoping that you'll post an answer to my question. Thank you very much. :)

Consumer me thinks, despite what profile states.

Banned
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    You just have astigmatism correct. In a simple word, you don't have trouble to see far or near, however you'll see double things.

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by davidxuonline View Post
    You just have astigmatism correct. In a simple word, you don't have trouble to see far or near, however you'll see double things.
    And so begins the online question and answer forum between retailers and consumers? I don't think so. This is not the place, and it is in violation of posting guidelines.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Master OptiBoarder Crazy-bout-Optics's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Half of our Optical staff does not have any correction, nor do they wear plano lenses for work. We don't seem to have any problems demonstrating features or benefits of certain products.

Our Lasik staff, however, are not allowed to wear glasses, even though all of them need correction and must wear contacts. Go figure! ;-)

Occupation
    missunlight.com which was an on-line optical website a few days ago, posted on a link in an earlier post on this thread has been removed so it is back to http://www.alexa.com/search?q=http%3...eener&p=bigtop
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 04-07-2012 at 09:32 AM.

Banned
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    http://www.alexa.com/search?q=http%3..._home&p=bigtop

missunlight.com which was an on-line optical website a few days ago, posted on a link in an earlier post on this thread has been removed by poster and when checking mentioned link you now get a chinese website with a total different subject. I am actually puzzled how this is done.
    Under my friends request, I added that link in signature. And realized it was forbidden here so removed it eariler.

The one you pasted it misssunlight, not missunlight. There are two "s" instead of three "s". Anyway, I just removed it and still like to stay with you guys

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by davidxuonline View Post

Under my friends request, I added that link in signature. And realized it was forbidden here so removed it eariler.

The one you pasted it misssunlight, not missunlight. There are two "s" instead of three "s".
    Anyway, I just removed it and still like to stay with you guys

I realize my mistake and corrected it on above post.

However you have not explained your friends relationship with you. How can a friend make you post a link to a website that is in direct competition with most of the members of this forum ?

I checked the website, the correct one and the information on the registration is locked:

Administrative Contact:
    WhoisGuard
    WhoisGuard Protected (bb86c06419324f5a88db0fe5403573e8.protect@whoisguard.com)
    +1.6613102107
    Fax: +1.6613102107
    11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
    Los Angeles, CA 90064
    US

So it is anonymus.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    two words, bald barber.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If you don't want to wear glasses then you can use contact lenses but contact lenses require more care. According to me, You should take proper care of your eyes then you can improve your eye sight. By using some ayurvedic treatment you can improve your vision.

Thread Information