Thread: Darris, ya out there?

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar
    Darris, been real concerned about you west texas gentlemen. fort worth's been too hot to spit and I know wherer you're at, it's dryer that that. I think yesterday was the first day in over a month that it dropped bel;ow 100, sure affects folks gettin out and gettin specs. hope you and chad and seebach are OK. too hot to even have a sidewalk sale!

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Hello Al,

Thanks for the concern. Yes, we are still here, but you ain't wrong about the temperature and keeping people from getting out and buying glasses. When I get home in the evenings I don't even leave the confines of my house because it's just too hot to do anything and that just isn't me. I don't like being stuck indoors. It makes me cranky :-)

I've been talking to some other people around town (not just opticals) and everyone is talking about how it's like a ghost town around here the last month. We are just two doors down from one of the busiest restaurants in town and even they haven't seen the flow of traffic that they're accustomed to. It's a restaurant that requires a reservation (because of the sheer number of people that eat there) to get into if you want to eat there at lunch or supper and I bet you could walk over right now and get seated imediately without one. Can you say "slow" :-)

We've been doing okay, but we have definitely noticed that it has been much slower this month than in the past few months. That's the way it goes sometime though. You take the good with the bad and move on.

Well I must be off for now,

Take care,

Darris C.

Darris, glad you're OK. It has been weird , here. We might have toi do like the Eagles did at Texas Stadium, have a shot of pickle juice in the mornin! Really cooled of here the last couple days, and people have been in in herds! Sure did need to pick up! Best wishes, Al.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

As Al(bert) said: It's all relative...

This past weekend, we had high's of 15C (the high 60'sF) and a wind that has that Arctic chill. The leaves are starting to turn, and the NHL starts its pre-season. Welcome to Canada.

Shwing;-}

P.S. just had the truck in, and the antifreeze for the rad is good to -40C...

Schwing, had a chance to visit Vancouver last October, was really great! the weather was wonderful and the people were great. got there too late to go up to whistler, but enjoyed going over to Victoria and Buchard Gardens,etc. The weather really has an affect on people and on business. you heat up the hot drinks and we'll chill the iced tea for them.

Rising Star

Blue Jumper

Hey Al;

We have been so hot out here we can't hardly breathe. I jumped in my pool yesterday and cooled off, and next morning found a bunch of Mustard Algae had grown overnight because the water didn't cool off enough. Well, I went and bought a bunch of hot dogs and dumped them in, cause mustard is good on them dawgs, but it seemed to keep growing, and so I called the pool people and the guy that came out got all bent out of shape cause I hadn't put any Chile, and Kraut in with the dawgs. Well, by the time we got done, we had a real mess, but we had had our fill of good old chile kraut dawgs with plenty of mustard. And we hadn't even fired up the grill. Hot is hot. People tried to come in to the store, but their shoe soles melted to the sidewalk, and it was like walking on a sea of chewed up bubble gum, so they got back in the car and went home. Things have picked up a little here the last couple days. In fact, the weather man says it may only get to 92 degrees today. The last time he said that, it got to 106. He may find out about tar and feathers. I have to go stand by the refridgerator for my 5 minutes. Ya all stay cool.

Jim, Hotter than the hinges of H-E-Double stickeyhocks, Seebach

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Hot is hot. I just looked at the forecast for Vegas this week, during Expo and the temp is supposed to be over 100 each day. Thank goodness for airconditioning. I don't think I'll go outdoors except for in a cab.

:(
    Diane

[This message has been edited by Diane (edited 09-12-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Diane (edited 09-12-2000).]

Jim Good to hear from you! For all you optiboarders going to vegas, a 100 is not that hot. That's a "cool front" out this way. Ifa pt. uses hair spray and has an adjustment problem, the specs are bonded in their hair. Really, thats why they have all those scantily clad workers in vegas, too hot for clothes. use the sahara principle. wear black, you'll perspire more, which will keep you cool. the truth!

Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field

Originally posted by Al:
    Jim Good to hear from you! For all you optiboarders going to vegas, a 100 is not that hot. That's a "cool front" out this way. Ifa pt. uses hair spray and has an adjustment problem, the specs are bonded in their hair. Really, thats why they have all those scantily clad workers in vegas, too hot for clothes. use the sahara principle. wear black, you'll perspire more, which will keep you cool. the truth!
    Heck, it just reminded me of growing up in Phoenix. I even went for a 4.5 mile run/walk while it was 95 degrees out. I must have lost 10 lbs. in perspiration alone!

------------------

OptiBoard Administrator

Thread Information