Thread: Digital dispensing!

OptiBoard Apprentice LAGUNAEYEDESIGNER's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile Digital dispensing!

Hi everyone,

Is any one using one of the digital dispensing like i.Terminal (Zeiss), Visioffice, Optickam, Opti-centration kiosk, Expert 3, Smart centration diamond. Would you please share your experiences. We are thinking to get one of these very soon. Thanks.

http://www.visioncareproducts.com/ME...0A9EEA2C335211

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have the Optkam in my office and I am a big advocate for purchasing it. Before purchasing the Optikam, I had looked at other digital dispensing systems and found the Optikam to be superior and less costly. Also, you are not contractually obligated to order lenses from any particular manufacturer, like the Zeiss and visiooffice. I found it to be the most accurate and most user friendly system, plus the company is extremely accommodating. I have been such a big advocate and know the system so well, Optikam has requested my attendance at both VEE and VEW for the past few years as a live testimonial. If you are going to VEE, stop by and see the system or if you want to do a trial in your office, contact me at my office and I will help get one sent to you for a two week trial. My office is in New Jersey, it is called Village Opticians, my phone number is 732-350-1900, we are open 9-4 M-F ET. My website does include information and promotes the Optikam and you are free to check it out, villageopticians.com. I have said many times before, my purchase of the Optikam for the single best investment/purchase I have made in the 21 years I have been in business and has paid for itself many times over. I Hope this information is helpful and you become as happy as I am after purchasing one.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Optikam IPAD

I know this is an old thread, but what do you think about the OptiKam for Ipad system? Is is accurate, reliable, easy to use WOuld you recommend it?

Quote Originally Posted by Opticianjw View Post
    I have the Optkam in my office and I am a big advocate for purchasing it. Before purchasing the Optikam, I had looked at other digital dispensing systems and found the Optikam to be superior and less costly. Also, you are not contractually obligated to order lenses from any particular manufacturer, like the Zeiss and visiooffice. I found it to be the most accurate and most user friendly system, plus the company is extremely accommodating. I have been such a big advocate and know the system so well, Optikam has requested my attendance at both VEE and VEW for the past few years as a live testimonial. If you are going to VEE, stop by and see the system or if you want to do a trial in your office, contact me at my office and I will help get one sent to you for a two week trial. My office is in New Jersey, it is called Village Opticians, my phone number is 732-350-1900, we are open 9-4 M-F ET. My website does include information and promotes the Optikam and you are free to check it out, villageopticians.com. I have said many times before, my purchase of the Optikam for the single best investment/purchase I have made in the 21 years I have been in business and has paid for itself many times over. I Hope this information is helpful and you become as happy as I am after purchasing one.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I truly believe it is the single best thing an optical shop can add to their dispensary. It will keep your office look updated and also be able to provide accurate measurements for standard and personalized lenses. It also allows your office to be more profitable by selling premium products with the lens module and augmented reality displays. I have tested all the digital systems and have found the optikampad to be the most accurate and easiest system to use.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Thanks!

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Last edited by Robert Martellaro; 01-24-2019 at 01:59 PM.
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have used the Optikam in the past and have found that the heights and PDs are off. We even had a Hoya rep come in to make sure we were using it correctly, and we are. So while I think it's a neat tool, it doesn't replace optician's measurements in my opinion.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I think PD's are perfect with optikam, I just find it overestimates the heights. When the green balls appear level, the iPad seems to end up too high and the heights come out high. But we just tend to use a comfort setting to compensate, which means dropping the height by 2 or 3 mm.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I severely distrust any machine's OC height measurements. I'm incorporating head placement, RX, lens style, occupation, lifestyle, and several other factors into my height measurements; I can't imagine a machine doing that.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    +1 Yes!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    I severely distrust any machine's OC height measurements. I'm incorporating head placement, RX, lens style, occupation, lifestyle, and several other factors into my height measurements; I can't imagine a machine doing that.

One eye sees, the other feels OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Are any of the newer video centration devices capable of measuring pupil heights for both sitting and standing postures? Dissimilarities of 1mm to 2mm are not uncommon, and occasional more than 2mm. Solutions vary, but as AngeHamm said, many factors come into play. Regardless, to get good data, it's a simple matter of bisecting the pupil reflex with a thin horizontal line on the lenses of a preadjusted frame.

Best regards,

Robert Martellaro
    Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Thread Information