Thread: Revolution EMR

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Revolution EMR

We are considering switching from Maximeyes to Revolution but I can't find very many opinions on Revolution. I wondered if anyone had anything to say about it, good or bad. Thx.
    -Karen

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Please also consider My Vision Express. We provide a fully-functional Free 30-Day Trial to help you make the right decision. Visit our website at http://www.myvisionexpress.com or call 877-882-7456

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We use Revolution EMR in our 2 offices. very easy to learn. I went from Officemate to this and love it. Very User Friendly
    The people that do our billing said it was hard to get use to at frist. Very little down time. I have made 3 suggestions and they have did all 3. You can access anywhere.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have played around with it during Vision Expo a few years ago. It looked like a decent program then, but I'm sure it's a completely different program now. The only way to truly find out is to sit through a demo at the show and play around with the software itself.

I'll tell you this, if you have more than one office location, this will probably be your most cost-efficient practice management software in terms of IT support because it eliminates the need for a central server (usually located at one of the office locations). Because it is web-based, the other factors I would consider would be: 1) integration with office/pretesting equipment 2)handling of eRx 3) handling of different file types like images and documents.

Hope that helps
    http://stresslesspaperless.blogspot.com/
    Demystifying practice management software, office procedures, and technology in general to create a truly "paperless" optometric practice.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

maxim eyes

Why are you looking to switch from Maximeyes? I have been with them for 14 years but don't have EMR. I will eventually need EMR, and am wondering if there are problems.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    We have been using MaximEyes PM and EHR software since 1996. I highly recommend MaximEyes as the software easily integrate all aspects of our practice and every insurance claim is sent when we walk out the door.

The main reasons why we continue to use MaximEyes—and there are many—are the ability to easily customize the software to fit our needs, its ease of use, equipment integrations, built-in e-prescribing, and the Eyefinity-VSP Link and VSP Calculator.

As with anything new, including adding new PM/EHR software to your practice or upgrading to the latest version, it’s best to take one step at a time, or you and your staff will become overwhelmed. Learning a new process can be challenging in the beginning for everyone, no matter which software you choose. We have always welcomed other practices to come and see how we use the MaximEyes software program.

We recently upgraded to the latest version of MaximEyes and the customizations we had in the previous version and any new issues were promptly fixed during the upgrade process.

Another very important factor when upgrading any software program is you need to follow the suggestions from the software vendor as to the proper computer equipment. You should also hire someone local who is experienced to help you with installations, networking and upgrades. This person should also monitor your computers and service monthly. This has allowed us to be free of any computer hardware problems.

We made the right decision to stay with MaximEyes for more than 16 years. Our efficiency and income has increased over the years, and part of this is due to a great PM and EHR software. I understand there are new companies out there selling cloud software. We have seen many companies come and go. First insight is very stable and has a strong staff team. They are here for the long haul. You get what you to pay for.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Thanks Luckduck. Can I ask how Maximeyes is working now and if I can ask how much did you pay? As I've said, I have been using Maximeyes since 1998, but have been reluctant to go paperless.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by njeyedr View Post
    Thanks Luckduck. Can I ask how Maximeyes is working now and if I can ask how much did you pay? As I've said, I have been using Maximeyes since 1998, but have been reluctant to go paperless.
    We have been paperless since the late 90's and would never go back to paper. It is a wonderful program and we went live with SQL in July and all is working very well for our office. As for the price, I prefer not to discuss what we paid on an open forum.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We use Revolution EHR in our office, we just switched from managing everything with paper over to Revolution about 6 months ago and it's been a good switch. There were definitely a couple of rough patches in the beginning of our transition, but that was mainly due to us not being properly prepared. The system works great, I love it!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by njeyedr View Post
    Although I am new to the forums I did feel the need to respond within this topic. We also have turned over and although our office doesn't use MaximEyes, we did approach our EMR needs primarily on the need of going paperless and secondary to going paperless.. cost.
    Our office uses Office Mate now. Both office mate as well as examwriter. We went this route due to the strong integration our EMR has with Unified Imaging. Unified Imaging is basically our paperless solution. Not only did this give us an over 90% equipment integration but the cost was very reasonable. I believe we pay somewhere around $200 per doctor per month.

I suppose my question to you would be, what is the main cause of your reluctancy in going paperless? I assume it is cost related but I should have asked you first..

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    --
    Last edited by ChavaCha; 04-22-2015 at 07:20 PM.

Thread Information