Thread: motocross goggle

Bad address email on file
    Anyone know of an RXable motocross goggle? I have seen ski goggles which are similar. I believe the only difference is the ski goggles would be ventilated to prevent fogging. This could be a problem in the dusty conditions of a dirt track.
    Rodney

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    I would have thought any with a flat lens in would do as you could bond the rx lens to it, or use the ski goggles and just tape over the vents in dusty conditions if they are causing a problem

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

I did a boat load a while back for guys around here that ride the dirt bikes.. I'll have to contact them to get the name but you might want to check with Franel, I know they have a few "bike goggles" as well as the usual dive mask, rec specs etc. etc....
    Or call your local bike shop and get a name from them.. I did a pair from Franel a couple weeks ago for a local rider that came out nice :)

Jeff

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Hello rj,

Being a dirt biker myself (Honda CR-125, modified cylinder head, mono shock suspensions, etc. grunt, grunt, grunt) Totally rad Dude! :-)

I wear a conventional openface style dirt bike helment with a jaw protector (or the conventional style that you see all the dirtbikers wearing). I wear "The Alien" from Bolle, but it fits over glasses. Bolle does make some goggles that can be used for any type of sport that requires some type of goggle with an Rx adapter that is very simple to install and easy to Rx (not to mention re-useable). All of them that I've seen have foam covered vents (which is why I wear The Alien. The only thing about the Bolle is that they don't have any with a clear shiled that I know of.

Hope this helps,

Darris "Who wants to see through a clear lens anyway?" Chambless

[This message has been edited by Darris Chambless (edited 09-13-2000).]

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Baracuda (or is it Barracuda) makes a sport goggle with an Rx-able insert option. It is a cross between a ski goggle, with a foam rim to keep out dust, mud, water, etc., and can be worn with an elastic strap or snap-on skull temples. I don't remember the exact model but if you can't find them listed in FRAMES or on-line you can call me at 516 367-2020. I have the information in the office.

Otherwise, as Darris says, Bolle is excellant for this stuff.
    Rich

Hmmm, wish I had a Bolle rep out here. Nice to hear that I'm not the only motorhead here. (Yamaha brakes? We don't need no stinkin brakes Blaster, piped, ported. polished and punched .60 over).

Rodney

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Redhot Jumper

Howdy rj,

Yup, I've ridden KTM 350's, Husky 250's (older models) CRX 350's, PE 175's, RM 125's, RM 250's and currently have an older model CR 125 (I 'like it better on tight tracks because I can muscle it) I also ride street bikes had a Honda Nighthawk 450 many moons ago, and now have a 1986 Suzuki Madura 1200 V-4 112.5 horses that I bought brand new in '86. I am presently tearing the engine down so that I can have the cylinders re-sleeved for new rings and pistons. I'm anticipating getting a Yamaha V-Max in another year or so.

I would really like to get my hands on a Honda Zoido just because :-)

Have fun and keep it low in the burm.

Darris "Motorhead and bike enthusiast" C.

Thread Information