Thread: Tyson-Lewis

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Tyson-Lewis

Anyone going to watch the Mike Tyson-Lenox Lewis fight on Saturday? I'm amazed that he was able to get another license! But it should be a good fight even if it's over $50.00 to get from pay-per-view.

Vicki

Bad address email on file 10 Pence Short's Avatar
    It's a shame that Tyson is going to get his insane wife beating head kicked in, but if he insists....

I'd be mega surprised if something really stupid didn't happened in the fight. Who's voting for Lewis's nose to be chewed off?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I use to love to watch Tyson knock out his opponents in just a matter of minutes! But today I would not watch him fight if it was for free...he is a loser! He seems more interested in biting than fighting!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Similarly, I used to love to watch him kick some butt. But now I'll gladly pay to see his butt get kicked but good. :cheers:

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Stick out tongue what next !!!!!!!!!

abouttimeironmiketookupironing.timetogiveitupithink:drop:
    http://www.optispares.btinternet.co.uk

jack

It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It may be time for both of them to retire:

Tyson, because he's a bum

Lewis, before he pulls a Sugar Ray Leonard and stays too long.

Bad address email on file OptiBoard Gold Supporter Sean's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Re: what next !!!!!!!!!

optispares said:
    abouttimeironmiketookupironing.timetogiveitupithink:drop:
    Idon'tthinkso..........seemsasthoughhewillhavetokeeponironinglongafterthefightisover.Fromwhatigather,mostofhispurseisgoingtowardshis13m-15mdebt:drop:

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Watched it.

Hello everyone,

I watched the fight (for free ;) and have to say that unless Mike gets into extremely good shape (he was in pretty good condition) my grandmother could have beaten him. I don't like Mike Tyson's antics and honestly he can't fight worth a darn. The only reason he won the fights he did was because he was either younger and in better shape so he could outlast his oponent of was up against an oponent that fought worse than he did.

When he's gone up against a boxer that can actually box he doesn't fair as well or loses altogether.

Lewis worked hard the first round, tired on the second but cut Mikes right eye. After that all he had to do was take advantage of his reach and work on Tysons eye. When Tysons eye swelled shut he went after the other eye and nose. Lewis used a good strategy and I was impressed by that, but the fight was pretty boring overall. After the first two rounds, Lewis threw jabs at Mikes eye and when Mike got tired around the sixth round Lewis would throw the occasional combination which ended up finishing Mike off.

Boring fight but Mike did get his butt kicked :)

Darris C.

Bad address email on file 10 Pence Short's Avatar
    Never know whether or not to be cynical about Lewis.

I want to go on about well done to a British boxer, but then he does seem a bit too, well, er, Canadian to be British. His dad lives in a t*rd hole in London and was disowned by Lewis a long time ago. Don't know whether his ma is British or not.

Poor old Canada- all their athletes want to use their links to other countries before their own! I wouldn't mind but Greg Rudjetski (or however you spell it) is cr%p at tennis and even he wants to be British. I blame Ben Johnson. And the French.

Bad address email on file Darris Chambless's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hello 10 Pence,

Actually Lewis did his walk out to a Jamaican tune to "celebrate his Jamaican heritage" So he's a Canadian that claims to be British but celebrates his Jamaican background and heritage??? He confuses me :) But if it's any consolation, I too blame the French :)

After watching some of the boxing matches I will say this; I do not think that the sports commontators should interview the boxers before and especially not after the fight. I realize that these guys are not geniuses but...leave them with some dignity for goodness sake! :)

"How would you sum up the fight?"

"I fink he was a goot fider. Duh fide was goot. He came out strong and then stayed that way. I think he's a goot fider and I take my hand off to him."

"Will there be a rematch?"

"I fink a rematch is in the words...I see spots...Is my nose bleedin' agin?"

These guys make more money for one fight than I may in my lifetime and yet when they interview before or after the fight I feel sorry for them.

Oh well I guess it comes with getting your head beat in as often as these guys do.

Take care,

Darris C.

OptiBoard Novice
    I'm laughing hysterically at your Tyson imitation Darris, or I was. Didn't see it, but glad he got his butt-kicked. I heard that Lewis dedicated the fight to Bob Marley. I too, blame the French. Au Revoir!

Thread Information