Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What PALs would you suggest as being similar to the Comfort yet lesser expensive?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpstick777 View Post
    Ceslo, would you mind explaining your terminology and numbers more clearly? IA, DC, etc. Thanks.
    Dear members!
    Sorry for my english.

Abbreviations are:
    IA: induced astigmatism.
    DC: Diopter cylindrical.

Regards,

Celso Cunha

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Thank you for informing us of the annotations used elsewhere. This is one strength of Optiboard - worldwide input!

Way back over 40 years ago, we had a foreign exchange student in high school from Brazil. We became close friends. 30 years later we had a reunion with awards given to those who traveled the furthest, and we were shocked to find that Jose had indeed traveled back to West Virginia for the reunion. Of course, he won the distance challenge. When he saw me he ran over to me and started talking and showing pictures of his speedboat that he runs on a river heading north of Sao Paolo. And guess what? Turns out he's now an Ophthalmologist!
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonLensmanWV View Post
    Thank you for informing us of the annotations used elsewhere. This is one strength of Optiboard - worldwide input!

Way back over 40 years ago, we had a foreign exchange student in high school from Brazil. We became close friends. 30 years later we had a reunion with awards given to those who traveled the furthest, and we were shocked to find that Jose had indeed traveled back to West Virginia for the reunion. Of course, he won the distance challenge. When he saw me he ran over to me and started talking and showing pictures of his speedboat that he runs on a river heading north of Sao Paolo. And guess what? Turns out he's now an Ophthalmologist!

Dear member,
    Sorry,
    But I've never been to the USA, and if you pay attention, my English is not someone who did exchange in USA.

I do not live in Sao Paulo.

Regards,

OptiBoard Professional gibby2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Bom Dia Senhor Cunha

I notice in one of your posts you have a Rotlex lens analyzer. Have you analyzed many lenses? Have you published findings?
    I'm curious to see what the maps look like when the rx is +1.00/-2.00x180/90/45/135 etc.

Regards
    A Ahmed

Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby2020 View Post
    Bom Dia Senhor Cunha

I notice in one of your posts you have a Rotlex lens analyzer. Have you analyzed many lenses? Have you published findings?
    I'm curious to see what the maps look like when the rx is +1.00/-2.00x180/90/45/135 etc.

Regards
    A Ahmed
    Dear Ahmed,

I have a Rotlex 1.5 years ago. I have over 75 maps of PAL.

I did three studies on PAL last year , two are awaiting the result of a competition to be published, and one is under review for publication.

I have already received some questions on my site on maps with astigmatism in different axes and maps in Rotlex.

This astigmatism should not receive this concern of his colleagues, because it has nothing to do with the induced astigmatism (IA) by variation of the curve of the PAL, and the program Rotlex class plus have the form of analysis Distorsion that annulling the powers of astigmatism of the area distance, and let IA only, for further analysis of these.

However, the best way to analyze is with RMS power error, because this is the best way to analyze the blurred vision caused by refraction or IA, and this has been the form used by manufacturers to develop their PAL.

Regards

Att,

Celso Cunha

OptiBoard Professional gibby2020's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optometrist

When will you be published and in which journal?

What website are you referring to Celso?
    I would ike to see the map you have so far.

Thanks
    Asif

Quote Originally Posted by Celso Cunha View Post
    Dear Ahmed,

I have a Rotlex 1.5 years ago. I have over 75 maps of PAL.

I did three studies on PAL last year , two are awaiting the result of a competition to be published, and one is under review for publication.

I have already received some questions on my site on maps with astigmatism in different axes and maps in Rotlex.

This astigmatism should not receive this concern of his colleagues, because it has nothing to do with the induced astigmatism (IA) by variation of the curve of the PAL, and the program Rotlex class plus have the form of analysis Distorsion that annulling the powers of astigmatism of the area distance, and let IA only, for further analysis of these.

However, the best way to analyze is with RMS power error, because this is the best way to analyze the blurred vision caused by refraction or IA, and this has been the form used by manufacturers to develop their PAL.

Regards

Att,

Celso Cunha

Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Quote Originally Posted by gibby2020 View Post
    What website are you referring to Celso?
    I would ike to see the map you have so far.

Thanks
    Asif

Dear Asif,

My study is under review editor for publication in Arquivos Brasileiros de Oftalmologia (from Brazil).

The site that I mentioned is: www.lentesprogressivas.com.br

There have email contact.´contact us.

Att,

Celso Cunha

Thread Information