Thread: Looking for Optical Store management software

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail

Looking for Optical Store management software

Hi everyone! I am opening my first optical store, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a management software that will do some basic functions, like: inventory, store customer prescriptions and past orders, as well as do point of sale and printing of invoices. My first choice fell on MyVisionExpress, but I was wondering if there is anything else as well.

Thanks in advance!

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Join the Professional Forum. There, you will not only get software ideas, but tons of other info as well. (Plus, the opinions will be candid, and not "treated" for general public consumption.
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by aboss3 View Post
    Hi everyone! I am opening my first optical store...
    I like the way this guy (or gal) thinks! "I am opening my FIRST optical store..." One of many I hope! Congratulations!
    Ophthalmic Optician, Society to Advance Opticianry

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Johns View Post
    I like the way this guy (or gal) thinks! "I am opening my FIRST optical store..." One of many I hope! Congratulations!
    Thanks, Johns! Looking forward to being an active member of OptiBoard community as well.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I use OfficeMate, I'm not 100% sure but it may be overkill for what you are looking for being a first time store.

For just starting out you could take the time to create an Excel Documents to help you track sales, inventory, and customers. It will just be a little more work on the back end.

If you're not open up by the time that Vision Expo West gets to you, then you might want to go and check out the exhibit hall and look into a few there.
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    ~ Mark Twain ~

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by J.P. View Post
    I use OfficeMate, I'm not 100% sure but it may be overkill for what you are looking for being a first time store.

For just starting out you could take the time to create an Excel Documents to help you track sales, inventory, and customers. It will just be a little more work on the back end.

If you're not open up by the time that Vision Expo West gets to you, then you might want to go and check out the exhibit hall and look into a few there.
    Thanks! That's actually the route we're planning to go and stick with Excel for now. Most of the fellow stores are using it, and only one well-established store I know bought the software. I'm guessing that after the Sept. vision expo we will do more re-evaluation, and maybe ordering a license of MyVisionExpress.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Thanks for considering My Vision Express software. It's an excellent system for opticals. It has all the features you need to run a successful optical and lots of options that you can add as your business grows. You can get a free, no-risk 30-day trial at our website http://myvisionexpress.com. Or contact our sales team at 877-882-7456 / sales@myvisionexpress.com, if you would like to schedule a live, web demo.

We will be at Vision Expo East in Booth MS6957, and also at Vision Expo West later this year.

Jorge Torres
    Sales Manager
    Insight Software, LLC
    http://myvisionexpress.com - Accelerate your practice!
    877-882-7456 Ext. 721

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Run away. If you're optical only, get a point-of-sale solution like FlexOptical where you can actually have meaningful inventory, cogs verification, and document management.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    When I searched FlexOptial all I find are 5 yea old posts y. Is anyone running this software. Doctor asking about it.

Thread Information