Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: World Cup...

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Big Smile World Cup...

Ok Just for Ian, whos team stand about the same chance as england in reaching the second round (read NONE)...
    Nice to see that Ians team kicked a player out who argued with the boss they even refused to pay his air fair as well....Shame he could'nt afford it on his £40,000 a week he gets so his team hired a privite jet to wisk him home in....and now he says he wants to go back....Good on his team mates who said NO thanks we dont need you......

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

hee hee

:D A bit late to show how Keane he is
    --------:hammer:
    http://www.optispares.btinternet.co.uk

jack

It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree.

Bad address email on file 10 Pence Short's Avatar
    Cat and Pidgeons?

Roy Keane is the heart, lungs, legs etc. of the Irish side. I really fancied Ireland to do well this year, but without him they are nothing.

In this instance it's fair to say one man IS bigger than the team. Why do the Irish (and Mick Mcarthy) take such offence when Roy complains about the substandard approach the Irish team have had to this year's finals.

While the English team are playing valuable friendlies the Irish are still 'enjoying' r & r. Is that a professional way to prepare.

What a shame Ireland sent home their best player simply because the management cannot accept a few home truths.

Mind you, it's not as if Keane has ever been successful in football, is it?... If I was Irish I'd be praying for the Irish FA to apologise and beg Keane to come back!

Occupation
    10 Pence Short said:
    Cat and Pidgeons?

In this instance it's fair to say one man IS bigger than the team. Why do the Irish !
    NO player is bigger than a team,Hold the front page "Beckem kicks ball" and they did right kicking him out...If he wanted to make his point he should have done it in priviate not at a team meeting and destroy team moral..Kean proberly gets more a week than the rest of the team put together...how do you think the other players feel....
    As for england playing valuable friendlies if thats the standard we can expect from them....get the plane ready now...If we dont beat sweden on sunday as that line goes "Its all over now...

Bad address email on file Tim Hunter's Avatar
    Agree that Keane behaved badly (what else did you expect!) as the moto goes "there is no I in team!"

Compare with Beckham who was a lion leading donkeys in the Greece game.

Don't care how we do (it would be nice to make it through to the next round but miracles take a little longer!). It's been worth it for the Germany game 5-1 in Dusseldorf (unbelievable) and that penalty against Greece. How many of us leaped from our seats and yelled quite a lot at that one (Me and my father in law obviously). :finger:

I think the English FA and (the alledgedly currupt) FIFA should rescue Roy Keane and Ryan Giggs from their bunch of no-hopers national teams and let them play for England.

Owen Hargreaves my a*rse. He loves the UK so much he went to play for the enemy.

Bad address email on file ioconnell's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Roy keane is a through and through Irishman.
    I dont think that if you paid him he would play for England.

When the kits arrived late I thought "Jasus, thats a bit Irish". Keane was right to speak up about the terrible training conditions but what he said to Mick was un-called for.

After watching the full interview done by tommy Gormon I thought this chap wants to play, but both sides couldnt agree.
    Keane is a man whose very virtues lead him astray.

Morale in the camp was low, but the Japanese have taken a shine to the Irish and boosted them.

I think that the lads in green are going to shine, they want to show that Ireland is not just a one man team and will rise to the occasion. Players to watch Robbie Keane, Damien Duff and Shay Given.

Main weakness' Gary Breen and Richie Dunne.

Outright winners, Argentina,

Your too right about Shay Given, He single handedly kept Newcastle around the top this season.

Of course Roy wouldn't play for England,mytongue is firmly planted in my cheek in my last post.

If I was the Irish FA I'd tell Mick to swallow his pride and think of the teams chances. Who would disagree that Ireland without Keane (Roy, that is) is a better team.

Don't think Robbie Keane will be up to much (though I wouldn't mind being proved wrong). This season at Leeds he's not exactly set the world on fire. Though who at Leeds has? Mind you,if I'm looking for an Irish star then Harte has the best left foot in the business. I'd rather face a Beckham free kick than a Harte left booter.

My comments about poor little Ryan (ankles like a 12 yr old girl) Giggs still stand, though!

Occupation
    Robbie has set the world on fire for country, pity about club though.

Swede Magnus Henman says he has found a way to stop a Becks free kick by deeply analysing his shots on video. Your right about Harte, He was one of the republics top scorers in the Qualifying campaign, not bad for a lazy left back

What do you make of the new advertising by Carlberg and Lucozade. The english Fa says it belittles their team However I wouldnt mind Ireland been pitted against Togo, greenland and CBS Drumcondra now.

The we have that Irish "Push it" guy with lucozade putting Owen through his paces to beet the boys in Green.

Last time we met it was a FRIENDLY and when Ireland took the lead in the 28th minute what did the English do? Start a riot

Occupation

Redhot Jumper

ioconnell said:
    Swede Magnus Henman says he has found a way to stop a Becks free kick by deeply analysing his shots on video.
    Who needs a video all they got to do is stamp on his foot.... If beckem plays i bet he dont last the full 90....I give him 15 mins tops before they have to carry him off....

Na the Irish have the right idea, Mind you i would have been tempted to just let him sit in the stands watching the games knowing he could not play.....Just think had old Jackie still been incharge keene would now be a new type of fly on the end of his line......
    Leeds owt to do the same with Boyer let him stew in the stands for the rest of his contract, then see if anyone will want him after a year out of the game.....
    Had he not been stupid in the first place he would not have to pay the large legal bills he is now faced with, that even £40.000 a week cannot pay off....Boy dont your heart just bleed for the poor lad......:angry:

Occupation
    So who's gonna win? Is football coming home to England? I think not:finger:

Occupation

winner is??

Brazil Italy final
    brazil win 2-1:D

jack

It is by universal misunderstanding that all agree. For if, by ill luck, people understood each other, they would never agree.

Occupation

Wave

Italy V Brazil 3 - 1 to Italy...

World cup final?

Japan 12 - S. Korea 7

Well, with Sep Blatter re-elected he can do what he wants!!

I am not a cynic, I am not a cynic, I am not a cynic, I must stop using Tim Hunters I am not a cynic method...

No really, I honestly believe if England get out of the group of death, injury and pestillence then anything can happen...

But, lets face facts- who's gonna argue about France Vs either Argy Bargies (Starring Juan Spastican Very on) or the Brazil Nuts (including Ronald Aldo) in the final. I think the frogs will walk it.

Occupation
    No really, I honestly believe if England get out of the group of death, injury and pestillence then anything can happen...
    Well if ye English do Have injury problems remember you can always rely on MARCUS BENT and DEAN WINDASS for back up.

Thank god I didnt grow up with a name like that!!

Occupation

Arrow Here we go Ian...

Good luck in your first match just got up to watch it....so come on Ireland...:bbg: :bbg:

Occupation
    1 - 1 Great Result! We could have won, Keane hit the post.
    Didnt I tell you about Duff, everytime he got the ball Song and Jeremie were on him. :D

" Mick Macarthy doesn't send home players but if he did they'd probably be the best players in the world "

The post match reaction is much better than yesterday

Occupation

Wave

Good result....
    Kellys got a Keene Hearte

One thing for sure Keene was not missed...

Now if only england could play with the same pride.....

Occupation
    John R said:
    Good result....
    Kellys got a Keene Hearte

One thing for sure Keene was not missed...

Now if only england could play with the same pride.....
    It'll be a toughie, Im glad Ireland arent facing the Swede's. Good luck ( I think you'll need it in that group of death!)

Occupation

Angry oops!!!!!!!!!

:o england 1 sweden1
    what a disaster:drop:

jack

Occupation

Re: oops!!!!!!!!!

optispares said:
    :o england 1 sweden1
    More a case of england lossing the plot after they scored than anything else.....Who the hell in their right minds keeps playing the long (wasted) ball after you are in the lead, thus giving sweeden the ball every time.....
    :hammer:
    We were very lucky not to have lost.....And in light of the argiee's result in their match we are in the doda again...but as Gazza pointed out each time we have drawn the first match we have gone on and on.....

sub specie aeternitatis Pete Hanlin's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    Engerland 1 Sweden 1

Managed to watch most of the game on delay...

Seemed to me England's Hesky (sp?) really blew a few scoring chances...

What is England's goalkeep's name? That is one cool looking dude!

Now I'll just settle back and see how badly we get embarrassed in the US opener!
    Pete Hanlin, ABOM
    Vice President Professional Services
    Essilor of America

http://linkedin.com/in/pete-hanlin-72a3a74

Occupation
    Pete Hanlin said:
    What is England's goalkeep's name? That is one cool looking dude!
    Ah "seamen"

Occupation

Thumbs up the best game so far

brasil 2 turkey1
    :D now thats what i call a game of football brilliant. if only england could pass like that:hammer:

jack

Occupation

Re: the best game so far

optispares said:
    brasil 2 turkey1
    :D now thats what i call a game of football brilliant. if only england could pass like that:hammer:
    It was a farce,
    :angry:

Turkey should have been deserved winners. It was a beautiful game up until the Brazilian penalty, what a dive( if only he had been in the swimming pool ) Then what about Rivaldo getting a ball kicked at his leg then he rolls aroung clutching his face:angry: :angry:

Thread Information