Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What are you carrying?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Left Illinois and never want to look back. Now that we are somewhere more firearm friendly but the little Para Hawg gets the job done when the P14 is a little less discreet.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I had a gun pulled on me once in downtown Lancaster and have been carrying ever since. FN Herstal FNX is my firearm of choice.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That is awesome of you John. My employer isn't too sure about guns doesn't see the point in most of them. With that being said I was carrying a sig 229 9mm until someone broke into my house and stole it. That was a little over a year ago. The good news is I got a call from the state police a couple months ago and they found my pistol! Once it gets out of evidence it will be mine again!

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I carry a machete :)

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by GokhanSF View Post
    That may cut down on glasses complaints.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    They broke in one of my other offices this past weekend, 2nd time in 6 weeks. I may go spend some "quiet" evening time there, just me and Mister Smith and Mister Wesson, and a good book. How dumb are we? They got more $$ the second time, as they got lax again about cash deposits.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am not sure about the statistic but you are VERY likely to get broken into again if they were succesful the first time. After my second time I got an alarm sytem and a german shepherd. Thankfully they didnt get anything the second time.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I carry in one of our offices, but not in my regular office, since we're in a mall and handguns are not allowed (even for permit holders). Sucks. I have two. Kel-Tec P3AT, which is a decent little purse gun or secondary piece to strap on the ankle. My other is a Springfield XDs .45ACP sub compact. Recoils like my Sig 1911. Light, comfortable, and accurate as hell. My daughter can shoot it no problem. Might get her one in 5 years when she turns 21 for her birthday, along with paying for her concealed class.
    "You can't think about it, you just gotta let your brain do the work....."
    my dad

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    +1, I love my Springfield XD .45ACP with the extended grip. Like my Amex, I don't leave home without it. For the larger folks, most other compacts feel like a derringer, the XD has nice weight/balance and fires beautifully.
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Got my wife a Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9mm with a clip of Black Talons and Golden Sabers.
    Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
    ALT248=°

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't carry right now, but want to start as soon as my budget allows for a new pistol, Any recomendations?
    Living in CT with our mag limits I am leaning toward .45 acp and have had my eye on the M&P 45c.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by zimo View Post
    I don't carry right now, but want to start as soon as my budget allows for a new pistol, Any recomendations?
    Living in CT with our mag limits I am leaning toward .45 acp and have had my eye on the M&P 45c.
    I'd go to a range and try a few things out. Before I purchased my Springfield XD, I looked at the M&P, Sig Sauer, Glock, and Kahr in either .40S&W and .45ACP. Before elimination I read reviews and fired between 100 to 150 rounds through each weapon at the range. The M&P had a few feeding issues but the problem resolved after I slammed the magazine in with more force. As I recall several reviewers may have expressed some small issues concerning the M&P's manual safety. Personally, I didn't have as much of an issue with that, as I did with it's comfort and weight; I have extra extra large hands and prefer a heavier weapon. If you have average size mitts I would take a close look at Sig Sauer 227, it fires well and has a better feed. IMHO
    I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it. Mark Twain

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    My Dad has a Springfield XDS 45 it's pretty sweet, can't believe a 45 could be so small. Definitely a CCW personal defense weapon, not going to win any range contests with it.
    Clinton Tower

The intellect to live free is in short supply
    ALT248=°

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by GokhanSF View Post
    Same here and a good quality folder from Coldsteel.
    I have a generic 9mm I keep for targets that was a gift. I'm looking to pic up a CZ soon, best feeling gun I've ever held. :^)
    Last edited by Boldt; 10-01-2014 at 10:32 AM.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I've got a cz75b 9mm, its a ver nice pistol, not something you'd want to carry but great for the range, or in the nightstand.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Point, but ones of the best guns there is.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No question about it, I love mine. Thete is nothing like an all steel full sized pistol, it just feels perfect in my hand, I just wouldn't want to have it straped to my hip all day.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I slimmed down to a Beretta Nano for my EDC.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    For home defence i have my grandfather`s bayonet, tried and tested in two worldwars on imperial Austrians and Nazis. On the street i rely on my trusted umbrella.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    For home defence i have my grandfather`s bayonet, tried and tested in two worldwars on imperial Austrians and Nazis. On the street i rely on my trusted umbrella.
    an umbrella ? I assume you have a very low crime rate in the Netherlands ?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Since leaving CT and it's insanely stict gun laws, I've applied for my carry permit here, taken the NRA course, will be joining my local gun club, and soon figuring out what I'm gonna get. Since I originally posted we've added about 4 hand guns to our house but I have no idea what they are.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    i carry a S&W M&P 40 IWB, and if i am going into downtown then i add a Beretta Bobcat. i am NEVER without my blade, i carry a Mora old school along my belt, then i rock my gerber multi-tool for gen. purpose. thats just my EDC (in my car when physically in the office) i have a dedicated truck gun a shorty Mossberg 500 (slugs, buckshot, birdshot) and depending on the occasion i bring the M44 with me. keep in mind i live in Alaska. "going to town" isnt as easy as it sounds. and "visiting" a friend usually includes bear country and other large angry mammals

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by crixussteave View Post
    i carry a S&W M&P 40 IWB, and if i am going into downtown then i add a Beretta Bobcat. i am NEVER without my blade, i carry a Mora old school along my belt, then i rock my gerber multi-tool for gen. purpose. thats just my EDC (in my car when physically in the office) i have a dedicated truck gun a shorty Mossberg 500 (slugs, buckshot, birdshot) and depending on the occasion i bring the M44 with me. keep in mind i live in Alaska. "going to town" isnt as easy as it sounds. and "visiting" a friend usually includes bear country and other large angry mammals
    What do you bring to the dinner table

Occupation
    zastava m70a 9mm

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by mdeimler View Post
    an umbrella ? I assume you have a very low crime rate in the Netherlands ?
    I don`t know if our crime rate is low, but it is mostly not gun related. So people don`t carry guns as a response.
    And the government wants to keep the monopoly on firearms. It is a cultural thing i guess.

Thread Information