Thread: Need a Software Program!

Occupation
    Optical Retail

Need a Software Program!

I am looking for the best software out there for dispensaries. Can anyone give me any info and experience comments. I would like something that creates patient invoices, stores patient records, and does accounting like quick books if that exists???

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Try My Vision Express software. It's an excellent system for optical dispensaries. It has all the features you mentioned and many more. You can get a free, no-risk 30-day trial at our website http://myvisionexpress.com. Or contact our sales team at 877-882-7456 / sales@myvisionexpress.com, if you would like to schedule a live, web demo.

Jorge Torres
    Sales Manager
    Insight Software, LLC
    http://myvisionexpress.com - Accelerate your practice!
    877-882-7456 Ext. 721

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    If you have a tech savvy employee, compulink's eyecare advandage is really nice. Just with all the features it includes, it can be a bit overbearing.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    www.crystalpm.com with a one year subscription to SpexUPC you will have all you need and more.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    i agree with David. the EHR portion is almost completely separate from the frame inventory, lens ordering, and invoicing. Easy to setup and maintain.
    http://stresslesspaperless.blogspot.com/
    Demystifying practice management software, office procedures, and technology in general to create a truly "paperless" optometric practice.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    A question re: EMR softwares for you all out there. I'm trying to decide which to buy for my office. I have worked with Crystal PM and like it but have not used Revolution EHR or some others. If you have tried out or used them, could you inform of the pros and cons of the software you have used? Thanks.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Our office uses Compulink and we all wish it was windows based and more user friendly, it is not simple to use and consumes too much staff time! Recommend Crystal PM or other similar program for new offices.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    You may consult to software developer and tell your requirements. he will develop and design it according to your need. It may cost quite high but it will be more reliable and easy to use, consume less time, less staff. Then it will be more beneficial for you.

Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Quote Originally Posted by lg3123 View Post
    You may consult to software developer and tell your requirements. he will develop and design it according to your need. It may cost quite high but it will be more reliable and easy to use, consume less time, less staff. Then it will be more beneficial for you.
    Exactly. It's the very helpful advice I think.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    You can choose from this list - https://www.google.com/search?q=best...m=122&ie=UTF-8 .
    Don't worry, be happy !
    My plugin WordPress gallery

OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Gold Supporter Mick's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Have been using Eyecom2 for sometime. Would not recommend because they are no longer upgrading it. Hesitant to pay the costly upgrade and more expensive quarterly fee to the cloud version because wasn't completely happy with original version. Would love to have a better program, and would bite the bullet for the expense of a really useful program.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

what do you think about office mate? need a optical program?

what do you think about office mate?

Quote Originally Posted by eyepeople View Post
    I am looking for the best software out there for dispensaries. Can anyone give me any info and experience comments. I would like something that creates patient invoices, stores patient records, and does accounting like quick books if that exists???

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Eyepeople, what did you end up going with?
    We are looking for a new EHR program. The list that is compatible with Vision Web is about 20 long. I really like the looks of Uprise but I'm wondering what everyone's experience is? (In 2014).
    Thanks in advance!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    We use Crystal PM and are very happy with it. Tech support is amazing. Updates are frequent and seamless. Templates are customizable. Also, we use 4patientcare for automated patient reminders, recalls, surveys, etc....Very happy with them. Support is also top notch and very responsive to our needs. Highly recommend both.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    HI,

I saw that you use 4patientcare. Are you still happy with them. What do you like and not like? Your input is appreciated. I am looking at 4patientcare vs. solution reach vs. expanding to my vision express cloud and portal.

Occupation
    Please let us know if we can answer any questions you might have regarding the My Vision Express Cloud solution. We have information available on our website covering the features as well as our Patient Portal, and we also have detailed information available in our online Knowledge Base. We're also available toll-free at 1.877.882.7455.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I use Vision Pro www.Visionpropos.com and I love it, had for about a year and a half. I do not use it for all of my accounting needs but I use the aging reports, pending payments, etc. You could though, it has receive invoice and purchase order reports. You should check it out, I am so glad I did. Oh did I mention I love it! Also it is easy on the wallet, it is not expensive at all compared to others.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Best optical point of sale/emr software

Eye Cloud Pro was designed from the ground up for optical professionals by optical professionals in the field. We originally developed our software because there was no good option available. User friendly and powerful, we used it to run 10 of the most efficient and successful optical stores in the country. Inventory control, profit reporting, EMR, electronic medical billing, automated recalls, appointment book, etc. Everything you need to run a successful optical store or O. D. practice. Our software is currently running in some of the most successful optical stores and optometry practices in the country.

Dsicalimer, I work for Eye Cloud Pro. You can view our website: eyecouldpro.com. Eye Cloud Pro is the longest running Cloud-based optical point of sale software available. Please feel free to reach out to me and we can perform a 1-2 hour demo.

Dan Wetherell
    Tech Support Manager
    LDO/ABOC/NCLE
    850-419-1567
    wethereye@gmail.com

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hi Crystal,
    Are you using the cloud based program or the hybrid? Did you convert data? I'm using an old DOS based program and VisionPro seems to be a pretty good program. We've downloaded the trial version and are seriously contemplating signing up with them.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I Love Vision Pro

Mine is cloud based. We had an old dos system also but didn't convert records into VPro. Yes it is a great program I recommend it to anyone especially someone like me an independent single location, I only do glasses no Dr. Private message me if you want to call me

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Another vote against Compulink here. We end up manually entering an excessive amount of things that should auto-fill and the number goes up with each update. To be fair, our "tech people" originally cherry picked which features we would use and which we wouldn't so I think the system doesn't even know how to update us anymore. Recently have gone to line-item posting: extremely bulky and time consuming. It's all I know so I can manipulate it (mostly) as needed, but there has got to be an easier way!

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm a huge fan of vision pro does exactly what I need and staff is very helpful

Thread Information