Thread: Bad Neighbors!!

Bad address email on file OptiBoard Gold Supporter Sean's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile Bad Neighbors!!

OK,
    Some of us might THINK we live right next door to the worst neighbor in the world but this guy has got them all beat.........comments?

http://www.knology.net/~carlos/redneck.htm

Bad address email on file stephanie's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Angry

Gee and to think the only thing my neighbors were doing was manufactuing and selling meth!!!!

Steph

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Glad I don't live next to that person! Though, I have had to go tell my neighbor to keep the music down at some of his parties.
    Guess some people just like to fix things up themselves too much? lollll

Well Steph you're one up on me, I thought my neighbor was only selling pot.:D

Suzy W

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I'm still trying to figure out why my upstairs neighbors find it necessary to vacuum five or so times a day. A little obsessive-compulsive maybe.

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar

Smilie

I suppose that's why we appreciate our freedom so much! We can be homeowners!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Angry

stephanie said:
    Gee and to think the only thing my neighbors were doing was manufactuing and selling meth!!!!

Steph
    I only put this up to give us a little laugh...........we all could use a little now and then.I did not think that it would end up as being compared to living next to a dealer Sorry if anyone was offended by this.There for,if Steve feels fit to remove this thread.....So be it!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

No no, Sean, I was not offended in the least. Actually, I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't catch my breath. I just simply added in my experience with my "wonderful" neighbors. No I don't recommend removing the post. I thought it was great and really did see the humor in it. It was actually just nice for me to know I am not the only one who has these troubles.

Steph

Bad address email on file Suzy W's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Same here, I agree with Steph once again. My neighbor may be up to things unknown to me, but don't remove this thread. I'm sure lots of other people have had "interesting" neighbors.
    But, then again, who knows what your neighbor is saying about you???? :bbg: just kidding

In my mind, it could always be worse, ya know like in the movie "The Burbs". No one has bodies in their back yards or anything that I know of;)

suzy

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    About 2 years ago my neighbor tried to park an old vehicle behind my tall forsythia bushes at the end of my driveway (because I wasn't using that spot!) Then when we complained, he tried to prove that he owned that area and said he was going to build a shed there and claimed he had been mowing back there for a month (the side lot lines run roughly parallel and this would have taken a 20 x 12 foot chunk out of my property 1/3 of the way to my back lot line. We showed him our legal lot map and papers proving he was in error. He then started complaining about how we chose to park an old car in our drive (he had four cars parked in his drive that easily held two cars) and he started fussing about how we chose to paint our house and said he would complain to our mortgage company. But guess what?? There was no lien on our property, so he was pretty limited in who he could complain to about any of the things we choose or don't choose to do. I reminded him that he moved there after us, and we had made no changes in the exterior decorations, so he couldn't say that the property values were changed after his purchase. This man was very rude, and loud, and a bit larger than my husband or me, and he kept saying he had friends on the police force, blah, blah, blah, and finally we just told him, "move the car, or lose it."

He did move the car, (had to have it towed), and hasn't spoken to us in all the time since then.
    jP ( I did wonder if I needed a bodyguard for awhile tho'.)

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    stephanie said:
    No no, Sean, I was not offended in the least. Actually, I was laughing so hard I almost couldn't catch my breath. I just simply added in my experience with my "wonderful" neighbors. No I don't recommend removing the post. I thought it was great and really did see the humor in it. It was actually just nice for me to know I am not the only one who has these troubles.

Steph
    Steph..please accept my apology......i thought that you thought that i thought that you thought........... :hammer:

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Big Smile

Ok I accept your apology....THIS TIME!! What I forget is that no one on here can hear me chuckling to myself as I post. Yes what I replied really DID happen, I was laughing the entire time the cops came and cleaned up. I was really glad I was off work that day so I could be nibby watching the stupidity.

Steph

Master OptiBoarder Texas Ranger's Avatar

Smilie

have lived in a home in a neighborhood, 1/2 acre lots, etc. for 21 years, so it's quiet, to say the least, that is until my next door neighbor got downsized and moved to Little Rock...he sold his house for cash, to a young, single couple who moved in from a 1 bdr, apt. he has a 300 ZX, 3 motor cycles, a ford 250 pickup, and a 20' boat, and lots of buddies that come over evenings and weekends, they have a pool and hot tub, folks arrive on Friday afternoon and party till Sunday night or Monday morning....they're actually OK untill they all decide to go for a motorcycle ride at midnight...there's usually a case or two of liquer bottle and beer cans at the curb on Monday morning, his dog has trashed the fence between our back yards; he recently had all of his back fencing replaced, except for this section. If I could convince my wife to seel and get a smaller house or townhouse, I'd move in a minute!
    Last edited by Texas Ranger; 06-03-2002 at 11:30 AM.

Thread Information