Hi all, I'd like to pose a question here to see if I'm the only one having this problem on a regular basis (note: on a regular basis, not just once in a blue moon)...

I don't do too many free-forms (for various reasons)... when I do, I get them un-cut, from a variety of labs. But I ALWAYS have problems with the finished (cribbed) diameter when I receive the uncut. Especially on plus lenses. It's gotten to the point that I refuse to order a plus RX in a free-form, b/c I KNOW the blank is going to come to me at 55mm! But lately, the minuses are coming to me that way also. And this happens no matter what frame dimension I specify (I can order a minus lens using an A & ED of 60, and the uncut will come to me cribbed to 55mm!!). It seems like NOTHING I do on my end to try to increase the crib diameter helps.
Furthermore, when I talk with the labs, they tell me that they have no way of controlling the crib-diameter (this is ONLY applying to free-forms, not on traditionals). It seems that these are all IOT designs, and they are produced in various labs, but the problem is consistent.

Does anyone else have this problem, and does anyone have any advice? I have not worked on any free-form generators, (we only surface traditional with a Gerber/Coburn in-house) so I really don't know anything about the equipment itself and how to get around this.