Thread: Litestyle vs UltraLitestyle

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Litestyle vs UltraLitestyle

I'm trying to find the specs on Essilor's Litestyle and Ultralitestyle lenses? I'm looking for a patient that has a -4.00 OU rx and would like Transitions Xtraactive in one of the trendy larger plastics (from the new Boss Orange line, and it's so beautiful :) )and I'm trying to decide if it'd be better to use a plastic 1.67 or an ultralitestyle from an Essilor lab. I've used a freeform Autograph 1.67 that was really nice, but the indoor tint in the xtraactive was darker than I'd like. Just based on index and abbe value, the 1.67 seems like a better choice, but I'm having trouble finding the specs on the ultra/litestyle materials. Oh, and the frame is plastic 51-17-140, B 35, ED 51. Of course, she's looking for the best optics at the best cost and efficiency. We'll be using a Crizal Easy AR, too.
    Thanks in advance.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Litestyle and Ultralitestyle lenses are poly. The difference between the two is .5 mm (Ultralitestyle is the thinner one).

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    All the Xtractive lenses, regardless from whom you get them, will have that darker indoor tint. After all, that's their main thing!
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yeah and I don't mind it, but I've found that it varies based on material and who makes it. Don't ask me why, I've just been keeping an eye out for it lately. It seems like the ones I've been getting from Essilor are lighter than some of the others I've ordered.

Thread Information