Thread: Ghost borders or going insane?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Crier Ghost borders or going insane?

Hi. New member here. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer this post. Ok here goes. I was diagnosed with astigmatism in both eyes. A while ago my optometrist prescribed lenses for my glasses that were to strong(By about 0.75diopters). When I remove my glasses and look at an object that is dark with a light background, I see something that looks like a transparent ghost border around the object. Before the prescription that was to strong, this did not happen when I wore my glasses. Now after the prescription that was to strong it happens even when I wear my glasses. I have since then gone back to my optometrist and to a new one. My lenses have been replaced with weaker once but, I still see the ghost borders when I look at objects with a light background or especially objects like traffic lights. I have tried to remove my glasses and go without them for a few days, but this only seems to worsen the problem, when I put my glasses back on. Can someone please tell me what I have to do, to go back to how my eyes used to be before?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

"Consumers are allowed to post on the Board, as long as the posts concern general eyecare related topics. However please be aware that any questions that involve diagnosing specific eyecare and eyewear problems are not appropriate for an online discussion forum. These kinds of questions should be discussed with a qualified eyecare professional who has examined you and is familiar with your situation. Posts asking for diagnostic help will be closed or removed."

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field
    Oh. I apologize if I made it seem as such. I have already scheduled an appointment with a local ophthalmologist. I was just wondering if anyone could possibly shed some general light om the matter?

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by gfxrelay View Post
    Can someone please tell me what I have to do, to go back to how my eyes used to be before?
    No, but if you figure it out there is a whole world out there that'll wanna know how you did it...

Thread Information