Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crizal Optifog. Low contact angle --> the new hotness

OptiBoard Professional nicksims's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician

tricresyl phosphate/Wikipedia

DragonlensmanWV

Thanks for that reference. Did you happen to read the link to "Jamaica Ginger?"
    Tasty...

nick

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The really bad thing about Optifog is, thats it's almost impossible to clean your glasses, whne they are not activated. I tried it and would never do it again. An you don't have to activate the glasses once a week. You have to do it at least every second day or the effect is gone.
    Brilliant marketing, bad product.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter224 View Post
    brilliant marketing, bad product.
    typical!!!

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter224 View Post

The really bad thing about Optifog is, thats it's almost impossible to clean your glasses, whne they are not activated. I tried it and would never do it again. An you don't have to activate the glasses once a week. You have to do it at least every second day or the effect is gone.
    Brilliant marketing, bad product.

There are many Anti-Fog products on the market, some of it better than others. There is no permanent anti fog existing.

It has been proven that hydrophilic coatings of any type will get saturated and following that they will not work anymore. Therefore one is better off to use something you can re-apply it when needed.

Better Hydrophilic (Anti-Fog) temporary coatings will also have an Anti-Static property and will prevent dirt and dust from clinging to the lens surfaces, so they actually keep a pair of glasses cleaner longer. Sometimes you can go by cleaning glasses every 3-4 days and then re-apply the anti-fog of your choice.

Scooter.................as you said Brilliant marketing........................

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Mark,
    Are you serious about Rain X? I know it's been a couple of years since this post, but I'm on a hunt for an anti-fog solution that will work with any old lens, AR or not. I guess I could try it out on my own glasses before suggesting it to a patient. Or make sure the patient's glasses are still under warranty when they apply it. ;)
    If anyone has any new suggestions on anti fog I'd be happy to hear it. I just ordered some towelettes from Hilco, only to see that they can't be used on AR lenses. Uggh.
    Thanks.
    Barb

Occupation

Blue Jumper Maybe they already do...........................

Quote Originally Posted by bhess25 View Post

gotta love great marketing, take an old idea that sucked in the first place and act like its some new and a amazing. instead of wasting 10mil on advertisements for more crap why not give me that money and call it a day. Ryser should start selling them his stuff, id be amazed at how good they would make it sound, and probably make him a billionair in the process.

Maybe they already do...........................We make some seizable bulk sales to some companies that act as an intermediary in the New York area, every 2-3 month's, and we have no idea where the stuff actually goes and is used for.

However the largest use is on automotive and motor cycle dashboards, by now, on just about every major brand world wide, a trend that started on motocycles in 2004.

Occupation

Blue Jumper If anyone has any new suggestions on anti fog .......................................

Quote Originally Posted by bmintzer7 View Post

If anyone has any new suggestions on anti fog I'd be happy to hear it. I just ordered some towelettes from Hilco, only to see that they can't be used on AR lenses. Uggh.
    Thanks.
    Barb

No problem with AR coated lenses, nor anything else, check it at: ------------> http://www.optochemicals.com/zerofog.htm

Thread Information