Thread: Tura opinions ?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Tura opinions ?

Anyone doing much with Tura, besides Brendel and Humphreys ?

Master OptiBoarder Striderswife's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm selling through what's left of my stock. We burned through a couple reps in the last couple years, and I'm not even sure if I've got one currently. I've always been satisfied with their product--some really pretty stuff, but in my opinion, it's just not the same as back in the day (to me, that's about 10 years ago).

The Lulu Collection is fun, and I totally dig Goldfinch, but nothing is moving anymore. I've just marked down what I've got left, then I'm done.

8^(
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Striderswife View Post
    I'm selling through what's left of my stock. We burned through a couple reps in the last couple years, and I'm not even sure if I've got one currently. I've always been satisfied with their product--some really pretty stuff, but in my opinion, it's just not the same as back in the day (to me, that's about 10 years ago).

The Lulu Collection is fun, and I totally dig Goldfinch, but nothing is moving anymore. I've just marked down what I've got left, then I'm done.

8^(
    +1. But in our case it's a bad rep situation. Lulu is adorable, and Ted Baker was a best-seller for a long time. But they canned my best rep ever in favor of a rep who is... not our best rep ever, let me put it that way. But if you have a good rep servicing your office, I say go get some Tura.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I sell what we have (I'm not the buyer) which is the basic older woman line. When they want some bling on a larger frame I go to Tura.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter DragonLensmanWV's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    We use them for our higher-end mature ladies. They sell really well. They have some with a 20k plate that are gorgeous.
    DragonlensmanWV N.A.O.L.
    "There is nothing patriotic about hating your government or pretending you can hate your government but love your country."

Master OptiBoarder Crazy-bout-Optics's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We carry Tura, have about 40 pcs between 3 offices. Was just checking out their catalog and really like the TB, Bogner, and Marc O'Polo lines. Tura is a conservative yet stylish line for the mature woman and we sell about 5-10 a month. Not a fast mover, but sells none the less. Anyone else carry and sell the other lines I mentioned??

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter rdcoach5's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-bout-Optics View Post
    We carry Tura, have about 40 pcs between 3 offices. Was just checking out their catalog and really like the TB, Bogner, and Marc O'Polo lines. Tura is a conservative yet stylish line for the mature woman and we sell about 5-10 a month. Not a fast mover, but sells none the less. Anyone else carry and sell the other lines I mentioned??
    We carry only Humphreys and Brendel and do pretty well with them. We had those lines before the merger.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We do very well with Tura's main line, for the mature lady, we also do well with Ted Baker. BTW, I didn't get the memo, who did Tura merger with?

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We are Flying thru Ted Baker still.....all others we have dropped.........

Master OptiBoarder Crazy-bout-Optics's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Our Tura Rep was in today. Her ears must have been burning. She is Awesome! She also carries Ted Baker and I am going to try to get it in, just have to think if it i feasible when our avg pt age is 40+. Thoughts?

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MEB View Post
    We do very well with Tura's main line, for the mature lady, we also do well with Ted Baker. BTW, I didn't get the memo, who did Tura merger with?
    Eschenbach. Actually it was more of a takeover by them, but Tura will probably stay a separate identity. They did the same with International Eyewear over here.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks for answering my question Angus. Much appreciated.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Our Tura Rep was in today. Her ears must have been burning. She is Awesome! She also carries Ted Baker and I am going to try to get it in, just have to think if it i feasible when our avg pt age is 40+. Thoughts?
    Ted is very nice for the slightly fashion-forward 40something man, and GREAT for women of all ages. A few too many of the men's frames are the same general shape, and you need to watch out for progressive seg heights. But they're a great, great line, one of my favorite ever.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I hadn't heard about the merger, so I googled it. It happened back in Dec of 2009. Is something else changing? We use the Tura line as our clientel is largely senior citizens. It does very well in our office.
    The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I would imagine everything will stay the same. Eschenbach took over International over here before Tura, and they are continuing on as before, the only difference is that they also offer the eschenbach product. I think if you were going so see any changes you would have done so by now. The most obvious one being to get rid of the lines not made by Eschenbach/Tura, such as Ted Baker.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    We sell most of our Ted Bakers to men 40-65 yrs old. Also doing very well with Tura for the 60+ ladies. We are lucky to have an excellent Tura rep :)

Bad address email on file rickyforever's Avatar
    Occupation
    Lens Manufacturer
    i don't do sth with tura but i'm a little interested in this after read the comments above

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Tura

Tura overstocks available at great pricing.
    Contact me at iman777@aol.com for list

Thread Information